All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next

What are you most excited for?
Killing Titans in a large-scale, accurate recreation of Trost District. 56%  56%  [ 67 ]
Roleplaying with my friends/guildmates. 21%  21%  [ 25 ]
Griffin finishing the f*cking map within the year. 23%  23%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 120
 Post subject: Re: Griffinbound's Trost (Full-Scale Variant)(WIP) v1.3
PostPosted: May 5th, 2015, 2:12 am 
Banned

And here I am thinking this map would take at leased 6 months to make.
I'm so psyched! Being completed this fast with still the magnificent amount of effort put in to it, I'm on pins and needles just thinking about it!

PostPosted: May 5th, 2015, 2:51 am 
Newbie Map Maker

Medals: 1
So uh. Call me a madman but I've decided that one can never have enough room. So now I'm making the map 4x3 instead of 2x2. Yeah.

First off: yes, this means I'm starting from scratch. Don't let this disappoint you, though; after how much trial and error I've already gone through, getting caught up to where v1.3 was and beyond will take only a fraction of the time (for example, the Full-Scale version of the Walls took about three days whereas the original, which was smaller, took about two weeks), so there will only (hopefully) be a minor delay on the next update. But I mean, hey, with how much extra map is going to be included, this will pay off. As large as I already had the map, I'd severely underestimated the scale of the district. I realized this when I started doing a mockup HQ to see how it would fit into the district, and relative to the buildings I'd already put in, it was almost embarrassing how similarly cramped the map would be to the original Griffinbound's Trost (which JahKirstein finished; kudos to him).

TL;DR: Massive map's going to get massive. . .er. Hopefully won't take too long to replace the progress that has already been made, and v1.4, with luck, will be ready in a week or two. Thanks for being patient--this crap takes a lot of time and effort. Each Thank I get when this is finally finished will be much appreciated.

Hey there, Griffin here. I make map scripts, but I'm currently unable to take any more requests or work on those already placed, as I'm simply too busy. If you happen across any of my scripts, please leave a Thank!

PostPosted: May 5th, 2015, 7:53 pm 
Banned

Wow what a bummer gee. whatever ii think i can wait an extra week. Its somethin to wait for!

PostPosted: May 8th, 2015, 1:36 am 
Newbie Map Maker

Alright, so, a quick update on where things stand. I've finished my test of the proposed 4x3 map, and honestly, with the difficulties associated with filling it, trying to get it to work accurately and gameplay-wise and the time it would take to complete, I'm scrapping the idea. Work will have continued on the v1.3 size of the map by the time you've read this post. This Trost might not be as big as it could be like the anime, but I think that this will be the best decision for all of us. In other words, I'm keeping Trost the size it is now, and I'm going to continue where I left off last Sunday with the live update server. The day the map is finished is coming closer, so stay tuned.

Hey there, Griffin here. I make map scripts, but I'm currently unable to take any more requests or work on those already placed, as I'm simply too busy. If you happen across any of my scripts, please leave a Thank!

PostPosted: May 8th, 2015, 1:38 am 
Newbie Map Maker

Yay *Throws cookies at Griffin*

PostPosted: May 8th, 2015, 2:17 am 
Newbie Map Maker

Have another teaser so you guys can see what I'm currently putting in place:

As you can likely tell, things are going to be somewhat cramped due to space complications and the HQ won't be very well centered like I'd wanted, but I'm doing the best with what I've got. The experience will be there, and I'm doing alright at getting all the memorable scenes in place, which is the priority for this map (the gate, the boulder, Mikasa's gloomy scene, the evacuation scene, the HQ, so on). I wish and know that I could do more, but I think this map will be enjoyable regardless.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2015, 2:20 am 
Banned

It looks wonderful! I can't wait! In so hyped! Cramped or not, this map will be like nothing anyone has seen before! extraordinary job mate! Well done. We are all awaiting completion

PostPosted: May 8th, 2015, 3:30 am 
Newbie Map Maker

Just had a successful test of the Colossal Titan fight on the map with friends. I'm planning on including a special script for that gamemode in the OP when the map is finished.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2015, 10:36 pm 
Banned

Any updates on the map? I wanna see another pic

PostPosted: May 9th, 2015, 10:37 pm 
Newbie Map Maker

I haven't gotten any work done the past couple days. I'll probably get back to it tomorrow with the live update server.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next