All times are UTC

Post subject: Can anyone make a BotW Link skin?
PostPosted: August 17th, 2017, 9:55 pm 

I like Zelda and I would really like to play with this Link in Aottg.
The skin could be the standard: Champion's Tunic, Hylian Trousers, Soldier's Broadsword and Hylian Hood, with this Link's hair eyes and skin
I don't have experience with this, so I think if I tried it, it would turn out pretty bad, but if there's anywhere that I can ask for this, it's here!

Post subject: Re: Can anyone make a BotW Link skin?
PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 12:34 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
I will most certainly make my best attempt at this. (: While Breath of the Wild was definitely not my favourite Legend of Zelda game, I did enjoy the redesign of Link- I've been wondering if making a skin for it would be worth it, but since you requested it, I will try my best to deliver. (:

My estimation is about one to two days, but it definitely is not strict to that timeframe; I've been known to do them quite faster than I actually say I will, so hopefully I can get it finished soon. (: Please keep in mind that my art style is not 100% faithful to Breath of the Wild's art, so there are going to be artistic differences between mine and the source material; Breath of the Wild uses multiple textures to show up in the light, and unfortunately this game cannot replicate that unique art style perfectly. I hope you can look past them and try to appreciate them just the same. (:

I'll get to work right away, thank you for reading, and I hope you have a wonderful day. (:

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

Post subject: Thank you so much!
PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 12:52 am 

I believe I saw one single Botw skin in this website, and it was private, so if you deliver, you'll be doing something unique here! I can get past the limitations of the skin building of this game, so I will most certainly love this!
Thank you!

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 8:06 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Hello again, and unfortunately, I have good and bad news pertaining to this skin and request, and I will explain here;

Due to recent events in my personal life, strongly tied to my health, I've been very prone to very negative reactions when it comes to overworking myself. During the time I was working on this skin, I was very, very anxious and nervous for no particular reason, until I realised that I was overworking myself, which I have been heavily advised to avoid; so, what does this have to do with the skin?

Unfortunately, this means that I was unable to complete this skin completely to the best of my ability, and this is one of the rare times this has happened- however, I will give you what I've worked on up until this point, which is the cloak and the costume; the stress mainly came from working on two costumes at once, as well as trying to replicate the game's style too much. They were originally going to be the same costume, and it could be interchangeable between females and males, but I decided to just do two different ones, due to texture wrapping issues. The quality is not to the best of my ability, and I really couldn't decide on what art style to go with, so I truly apologise to you for accepting your request, and not being able to fulfill it completely.

I did start working on the other parts of the skin, but it was during that time that my anxiety was extremely prominent, so I decided to call it quits and stop there, before anything happened- it brings me great shame to accept your request and not see it all the way through to the end, so you have my most sincere apologies; when health issues come up, there isn't much choice to decide with. I truly hope that you will be at least somewhat happy with what HAS been done though- I actually had models, textures and shaders open from Breath of the Wild, but it was just too much that, had I continued, it would have looked less than impressive, and I try my best to avoid that as much as I can. You can find the album below.

http://imgur.com/a/Gqklx

Once again, I deeply apologise for not being able to fulfill your request completely. This happens very rarely, but it was also the big reason that I retired as an artist on this site to begin with; If you are dissatisfied with my version, please feel free to make another request, and I hope the artist that takes it can do more than I was able to. (: Thank you for taking the time to read this, thank you for requesting, and I hope you have a wonderful day. (:

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 9:38 pm 

No problems gurl. I understand those issues, and yes, I will make another request, but thank you anyways! This was my first time actually using the request function and got really excited it got answered so quickly!
I hope you feel better, and don't be ashamed! This kind of thing happens, don't feel like that because you weren't able to fulfill my request. I am glad you did what you did, no reason to feel bad about it.
P.S: I loved the skin, it's my favorite so far! It is awesome and I really appreciate what you actually could do. (IF you could, not to overload you, then I'm sorry, maybe some time from now you COULD finish it with the art style you went with, but if you can't or just don't want to, then it's fine)