All times are UTC

Post subject: Help with Ravio skin
PostPosted: November 14th, 2015, 1:31 am 

Image Image I'm looking to make a skin for this guy (this will take some time) and i needed ideas for it. Is there a way to re-texture Mikasa's scarf? Because as you can see, Ravio wears a black and blue scarf. I already know I will set the rabbit head as a hoodie because the ears will be impossible. The rest I'm pretty sure I can get. and i am pretty exited as to how this will turn out. The second I played The Legend OF Zelda A Link Between Worlds, I fell in love with Ravio xD. Of course I need to do the rabbit head pulled back version because there is no other way. All I am asking for is a hoodie Template, A hair template, and a general idea of the size and where i need to put the eye. Also, the robe bottom won't happen for obvious reasons so lets just picture Ravio not having a full robe *laughs*
phpBB [video]
I mixed it up. They are pretty much the same backwards and forwards

Last edited by IceAura on November 15th, 2015, 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Help with Ravio skin
PostPosted: November 14th, 2015, 10:02 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
I give you my full permission to edit and redo my Ravio skin and make as your own, for the purpose of learning and helping further your artistic creativity. ^^ The ideas of Ravio were before I began on my Wind Waker skins, (For the time being, anyways) and it helped me learn a LOT- hopefully it will help you learn, too. ^^ If you don't want to just edit the skin, you could at least use it as a base to remake everything from scratch- mine wraps seamlessly, so all you've got to do, is just follow it exactly. ^^ My cape didn't have the eyes for the mask included, and mine is just for the Ravio Unmasked model.

I really, really am excited to see how this turns out. (: I think you'll do a wonderful job! ^^

Ravio [The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds]
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4567&p=19432

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2015, 12:11 am 

xD I had no Idea that you did a Ravio skin! Once he showed up in a link between worlds I was kinda like... Meh then when he took his hood off (after 51 deaths) He became my#1 character. (followed by Hilda) it suddenly came to me after i got rc and started uploading skins that i had to do a Ravio. The thing is... your Ravio is already made so i could get a plagiarism thing and it is already been made so i don't know how to change something. I continue to be inspired by your work. Fantastic job!!!
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Notice how this is the Lorule Castle song or Hyrule Castle song played backwards.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2015, 1:14 am 
Veteran Artist

sapphireaura wrote:
The thing is... your Ravio is already made so i could get a plagiarism thing and it is already been made so i don't know how to change something.

Ohnono, if I give you my permission, you won't get a plagiarism strike at all- I will see to it that you don't. x3 I'm close friends with Kano, so even if you did, I'll be sure to take the steps to make sure that you don't. x3

Mhm! Lorule Castle was my favourite just because of that- and, the Red Mail. ;w; I really enjoyed A Link Between Worlds, but I never got to play it for too long, (maybe less than a week to beat it) and then my 3DS broke, so I never got to play it as long as I wanted. ;w; Maybe someday I'll play it again.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2015, 3:42 am 

Okay thanks for clearing that up. And I am assuming that I need a link back to TheBellFox's work. Even if I don't need to, I will. I very much respect TheBellFox (and everyone else here.)

PostPosted: November 15th, 2015, 3:57 am 

The shading was super well done. I actually don't know how to do shading. (except with real pencil) As you said, learning and practice. I'll do what I can. Probably make the colours (<-- that is how we spell it in Canada) A bit brighter and add eyes to the hood. Thank you for giving me permission to use this.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2015, 6:50 am 
Veteran Artist

Absolutely. I've been considering writing a quick tutorial before, but I haven't actually gotten around to it. Since I cannot record videos or anything, there's no way I can make one super-quickly. I'm trying to think of quick ways to make one, but it depends.

Also, no worries- hailing from England, I spell it the exact same way. x3

PostPosted: November 17th, 2015, 1:14 am 

OOH!!! I have an idea!!! Would a gender bend be okay? My sister made gender bends for many Legeng of Zelda characters. I want to try a female Ravio and show my older sister!

PostPosted: November 17th, 2015, 1:39 am 
Veteran Artist

sapphireaura wrote:
OOH!!! I have an idea!!! Would a gender bend be okay? My sister made gender bends for many Legeng of Zelda characters. I want to try a female Ravio and show my older sister!

Everything is yours now, so go for it. (: No need to ask. x3

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2015, 8:05 pm 

TheBellFox wrote:
sapphireaura wrote:

Everything is yours now, so go for it. (: No need to ask. x3

Which means once a person is having an idea which would compliment to this nature of game would basically be okay. Is that possible?