All times are UTC

Post subject: Shiro (Deadman Wonderland)
PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 2:38 am 
Designer

Medals: 1
Request for ZephyrTFF.

I wasn't going to do requests until I finished my Okami theme stuff buuuuuuuuut rc updated, and I needed a guinea pig. haha!

Blade L and R are essentially the same;I just flipped one of them...you could use the same link for both blades if you wanted to.

Also, you may notice that when you play this texture in the game her neck is gone. I have no idea why; I colored it in on the skin file ._.

LET ME TELL YOU A STORY ABOUT MAKING THIS SKIN. So it was around 3 PM, and I thought to myself: "I just ate a nice lunch now is a good time to make a skin. Wonderful really. I want to make some Okami skins, but I want to figure out how the skins work first. OH! I know it. I will do one of my requests. But which one looks easy? Shiro looks like the easiest." ...SIX HOURS LATER... "how to line up arms how does foot even why????????"

And that is the story of why this skin has almost no shading/details, and the hair is 90% Mikasa's hair recolored.

On a side note: I am really not at all fond of the new cape/hair animation. The old ones looked so nice, but this is like woo wiggly cape doesn't even flap behind me when I fly but constantly twitches for no reason. It's alliiiiive D:

On one more side note: I am not going to do any more skins until whats-his/her-face finishes figuring out the UV maps and I get my paws on those.

---

If you are dumb, here's how to use this skin:

Put the links where the pause menu has places for them (lol duh). And make sure you are using a model that has costume_6 and hair_7 (ex: go to the custom character creation area and make set 1 FEMALE give it COSTUME 6 and HAIR 7). If you don't have the right hair it won't work...I'm not 100% on the costume though.

Last edited by DireWolfwere on November 29th, 2014, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Shiro (Deadman Wonderland)
PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 1:13 pm 
Veteran Artist

DireWolfwere wrote:
Request for ZephyrTFF.
Also, you may notice that when you play this texture in the game her neck is gone. I have no idea why; I colored it in on the skin file ._.

It seems like the Chest model is linked to the costumes texture instead of the skin texture. If you set transparencies on parts of the boot, that might be the reason why. I'll try sending RiceCake a message.

Cheers~

PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 2:21 pm 
Designer

napeslayer wrote:
DireWolfwere wrote:
Request for ZephyrTFF.

It seems like the Chest model is linked to the costumes texture instead of the skin texture. If you set transparencies on parts of the boot, that might be the reason why. I'll try sending RiceCake a message.

Cheers~

I will mess around with this skin some more (or a different one) and see if I can figure it out then! Or I'll just wait for a magic answer...lol.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 2:47 pm 
Designer

napeslayer wrote:
DireWolfwere wrote:
Request for ZephyrTFF.

Cheers~

Ignore that last thing I said. I got the neck to come back - it uses the top half/quarter of the boot. BUT. The skin never appeared, only the boot texture. lol.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2014, 10:44 pm 

Your skins are always so wonderful <3 your so funny aswell x'D

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 1:27 pm 

:D Looks awesome. I feel like i'm somewhat responsible for the trouble it caused you ;_; but thanks a lot for the skin :3

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 2:46 pm 
Designer

XingKyoki wrote:
Your skins are always so wonderful <3 your so funny aswell x'D

haha. Thanks! I'm really excited to get back to skin making now that rc updated :)

ZephyrTFF wrote:
:D Looks awesome. I feel like i'm somewhat responsible for the trouble it caused you ;_; but thanks a lot for the skin :3

Oh, it's okay :)
I would have hit this wall one way or another no matter what one of my requests it was...you are not the only person who gave me a skin request, and I decided it was time to make a new skin trying out the new things.