All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

What are you most excited for?
Killing Titans in a large-scale, accurate recreation of Trost District. 56%  56%  [ 67 ]
Roleplaying with my friends/guildmates. 21%  21%  [ 25 ]
Griffin finishing the f*cking map within the year. 23%  23%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 120
 Post subject: Griffinbound's Trost (Full-Scale Variant)(WIP) v1.5
PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 12:50 am 
Newbie Map Maker

Medals: 1
READ THIS FIRST: If you want to edit, remix or use this map or any of my work in any way, you are welcome to. However, permission must be asked for first. Otherwise, any use will not be permitted and I will ask the moderator staff to remove your work.

GAMEPLAY WARNING: This map is much larger than the default map area, at a scale of 2x2 instead of the default 1x1 square. This map has a high object count, which is currently at 2,243 and will continue to increase as I work. This map is designed with the maximum Titan count, 50, in mind. Because of these three facts, I recommend that those who wish to play this map have a decent PC setup to avoid crashes. Also because of the high object count, load times will be moderately lengthy. This is unavoidable, so please be patient when attempting to load. RiceCake has done an excellent job of optimizing the game for RC clients, but take note of all this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to meecube for accepting my model requests and working on them with my cooperation. His work motivated me to continue work on this map after a down period following the announcement of RC Mod's discontinuation. Special thanks also go to TheBellFox for collaborating with Meecube and I to create the working cannon models that were originally specifically for this map, as well as RiceCake for making all of this possible.

If you like the map, please show it and leave a Thank at the bottom of this post!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First playable version is ready to go. Pretty sure that most of you already know the deal from the first attempt at the map, so I won't spend much time with explanations. What I will say is that this is decidedly a work-in-progress and there is still a lot to be added. If I get any comments along the lines of "where's the rest of the map" or "when will this be finished," I'm sorry, but an annoyed glare at the computer screen is the most I can give as a response. For the latter, there's simply no way in hell I can give any sort of estimated time of arrival. The process of building this map takes a lot of time and effort, and I simply don't know when or if I'll get work done, so bear with me. I've also just started college with a sizable work load, so my free time is even more diminished. Regardless, I'm doing my best, and I'll hope to get consistent progress on the map hammered out.

What's being prioritized in the map making process right now?
1. External area (50%)
2. Outer gate area (100%)
3. Headquarters (75%)
4. District area (20%)(CURRENT PRIORITY)
5. Roads (100%)
6. Finishing touches (0%)

Without further ado, follow the link below and copy the entire script to use the map. Enjoy.

http://pastebin.com/B2p5rRvY

Screenshots:

Cheers.

Hey there, Griffin here. I make map scripts, but I'm currently unable to take any more requests or work on those already placed, as I'm simply too busy. If you happen across any of my scripts, please leave a Thank!

Last edited by Griffinbound on August 22nd, 2015, 2:44 am, edited 19 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Griffinbound's Trost (Full-Scale Variant)(WIP) v1.1
PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 1:37 am 
Banned

good lord how many trosts are you gonna make they look cool but i wanna know how many man

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 1:43 am 
Newbie Map Maker

This is the final Trost map I'll be making. The reason there have been different incarnations up till now is because only recently had RC released the necessary tools for me to create what I'd originally envisioned.

Hey there, Griffin here. I make map scripts, but I'm currently unable to take any more requests or work on those already placed, as I'm simply too busy. If you happen across any of my scripts, please leave a Thank!

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 1:46 am 
Veteran Member

Griffinbound wrote:
This is the final Trost map I'll be making. The reason there have been different incarnations up till now is because only recently had RC released the necessary tools for me to create what I'd originally envisioned.

And then its on to the other 11 walled cities!

Spoiler:

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 1:51 am 
Newbie Map Maker

Heeeeeeeeell no. The only other district I plan on creating eventually is Stohess for a new Annie boss fight map and AHSS v SC PvP. Before or after that, I might do an extended Forest of Giant Trees as well for both Annie and Survival, then I'm pretty much retired, lol. This shit's tiring. Might do a few non-canon maps time to time for fun as well as finish the requests I've taken. Can't really say.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 1:57 am 
Banned

what about stohess :(

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 2:00 am 
Newbie Map Maker

Um. . .I just said that I'll be making Stohess? lol.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 2:18 am 
Banned

i need to read slower from now on

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 8:10 pm 
Banned

This looks phenomenal! But if you want my opinion to create next, then it will defiantly be the forest of giant trees.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2015, 7:46 am 
Newbie Artist

-Bows down in respect-

This looks FANTASTIC and it's not even completed yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next