All times are UTC

Post subject: Issue with RC mod.
PostPosted: June 10th, 2017, 1:44 am 

I wasn't really sure where to put this thread, so if this is in the wrong location, please move it.

Before I start, I will make a quick TL;DR: RC mod.exe makes anti-virus angry.

Not too long ago, whenever I decided to play the RC mod I use the web-browser version in order to play the game, until I discovered that my browsers began discontinuing plugins, meaning I am disabled to play (considering I need Unity.). I tried everything to get it to work, but no solution succeeded.

So, I downloaded the .exe version from the official website, and it worked perfectly fine. But then few minutes into playing the game my Anti-virus began saying there was a threat on my computer and the RC mod is the supposed culprit, then it had to force a restart in order to fix it.

However I asked a few people in the community saying that it is fine, and there is no need to worry. But due to the repeated restarts, it's getting annoying.

Any solutions? My anti-virus is Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Post subject: Re: Issue with RC mod.
PostPosted: June 10th, 2017, 2:56 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Thank you for putting your problem on the help section. Unfortunately, accounts of this happening are very scarce, so we don't exactly have anything to go off of; however, out of my own personal experience, my Antivirus has never alerted me of RC Mod being a threat (or even an Unwanted Program) so, hearing this sounds rather strange.

Make sure you downloaded it from the official site (http://aotrc.weebly.com/), but I am fairly certain you were smart enough to download it from the correct place.

There isn't a whole lot that can be done at this point on my side to help you- I would probably trust my antivirus more than the game (I pay for my antivirus) especially considering how fishy some mods can be FOR this game.

If you're feeling gutsy, then you can maybe allow it through your antivirus- chances are, it might NOT be anything. I haven't heard of RC Mod giving an antivirus a false positive though, which is what makes me question it. I HAVE, however, heard of other mods (even ones claiming to be RC Mod but was modified to have a virus in it) but, that's ultimately up to you on what to decide.

I apologise for the lack of information, and not being able to help you that much. I wish the best of luck to you, and I hope everything goes well with this situation.

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2017, 8:38 pm 

Well, I'm sure the place I gained my RC mod was truly the official website (aotrc.weebly) but I still recieve warning messages about it being a virus. I'm gonna make my Anti-Virus ignore it for now, but I have to hope nothing wrong will happen.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 7:25 am 

Where are the files of this game plss help

PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 11:30 pm 

luke wrote:
Where are the files of this game plss help

http://aotrc.weebly.com/download.html