All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Guests, Acception, or Abuse? An Effort to Fair Treatment
PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 11:28 pm 

TheIceFox wrote:
JustinAkagha wrote:
and you guys wonder why aottg is dying? 0 logic paid at all, but once an "op modder" comes around and rekts u guys complain smh!

You can't expect them to learn if you simply toss them out like trash or insult them for simply being a guest. If you have a problem with nameless guests...talk to them. Teach them about RC. If you have a problem with their limited skill, teach them how to play.

The game may be dying but if you shun the new players there won't be any change.

I understand your argument, Ice. But, there's only so much some people can handle when Guests sit in their servers and do nothing, and then start yelling at people and being ignorantly mean, for zero reason. I've had this issue all too many times, and I'm sorry to have to say this to you, but I won't back your argument. I no longer allow guests in my servers, not because they're unskilled, not because they're guests. Because 3/4 of them now, belong nowhere else but where they're free to be arses to anyone, and my servers will not be among those. It's your choice if you let them do the same on your server.

Spoiler:
Known Guilds:
  • .:OpTix:.
  • |Fallen Angels|
  • PureBloods
  • Velocity
  • Otaku,
  • Xcution
  • Dawn of Eternity
  • TheUnidentifiedRoses
  • Night Raid

Spoiler:
Highest Scores
  • 4811; Tradby - Blade.
  • 4315; Hydra - AHSS.

PostPosted: November 1st, 2016, 8:35 am 

Medals: 1
MoeMeow wrote:
I understand your argument, Ice. But, there's only so much some people can handle when Guests sit in their servers and do nothing, and then start yelling at people and being ignorantly mean, for zero reason. I've had this issue all too many times, and I'm sorry to have to say this to you, but I won't back your argument. I no longer allow guests in my servers, not because they're unskilled, not because they're guests. Because 3/4 of them now, belong nowhere else but where they're free to be arses to anyone, and my servers will not be among those. It's your choice if you let them do the same on your server.

I understand your points as well. However as the title of the post says; "An Effort to Fair Treatment.". The word 'fair' is very subjective and depends on the situation. I can imagine if you were to sit there and talk to a guest who is sitting there insulting you and not listening, that`s not fair to you. You have the right to deal with them by whatever means you seem fit. If you don`t even bother listening to them either however, that`s not fair to them. I know how it can be dealing with people, not just guests but named players as well, who tend to just join servers to cause chaos and drama. We aren`t saying you should 100% allow every single guest in your server. It`s your server after all. You choose how you wish to run it. We`re just asking you to remember, no matter how rude people can be on the internet, they`re still people. Most of them wish to play the game just as we are. As for the others I had mentioned earlier that only wish drama upon others..There`s the line between fair and unfair. If they cross it, they limit your options.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2016, 12:36 am 
Veteran Artist

Well, for me as a former player, I already thought of this before the very start of my gaming history in the game. I played on a server with RC players were hosting on. And I ask them "Why are you guys kicking guests?" they replied "I dunno, we're just lagging so I kick guests.". Well, I did kicked a lot of guests on my glory days. Then I realized that they're just gamers like us. So I made this policy of mine that 'Only abusive and AFK guests are going to be kicked'. But on other gamer's perspective, Guests might be an abusive modder so they set autokick on them. In other words, we can't convince other players without spreading this word to other pages. I know where to post them. I hope guest justice prevails.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2016, 12:59 am 
Newbie Artist

I have been playing aottg for a long time and me and my other guildmates are guest lovers, we dont kick them and let them play all they want, sometimes i lower the nape damage to 300 to 500 so at least they can kill titans, so far i have recruited some guest to be part of guilds and even gave them names and access to RC mod so they can play as well.

IGN: PoleDark
Guild: GEO.STIGMA
Nice to meet you guys! :D If you like my skins pls touch that "thank" button :3

PostPosted: November 13th, 2016, 10:40 pm 

TheIceFox wrote:
As for the others I had mentioned earlier that only wish drama upon others..There`s the line between fair and unfair. If they cross it, they limit your options.

(Hopefully, I quoted this appropriately.)
Here's an (admittedly bizarre) idea you could use:
Behold the appropriate countermeasures (as in modding stuff, just in case - whilst I've heard that many of the prior antics shouldn't be sufficient due to server updates, precautionary endeavours aren't really ever a bad idea) and then either ignore them or just take the mickey*.

* = "Taking the mickey" is an English phrase which essentially means to "make fun of"/"to mock" (or if you're not adverse to taboo language, "to take the piss.")

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 7:57 am 

Been a while since this got touched upon. I actually went ahead and read through the entire thread a few days ago. Since that day I've introduced 4 different guests to the RC mod and one of them to the Universe mod. (they wanted to shift for a roleplay skype group). Just because this post is a year old doesnt mean the sentiments are lost. You've all watched this community slowly wither and die until there is only a few last stragglers left. And yet I've only been a member for 2 weeks. Not even that. And I'm adding members to bring this fire BACK to an inferno and revive it from embers.

I've been trying to convince people recently its not impossible. There are still servers FLOODED with guests. sure they arent getting kicked as much now. but they still wanna play - get their own names and shit. Not impossible guys. in fact if we all pull our shit together. Highly probable we can save the AoTTG Community. I firmly believe this. Honestly I do.

TheBellFox was the inspiration for this movement. And its in motion. I will continue to add as many members as i POSSIBLY can to the RC mod.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 10:52 am 

This is STILL a thing? Even a year later? I don't come in contact with any guest banners because I mostly play on my own servers that use a custom map, So i can't really do much about it as guests can't load maps. But i swear if they could i'd fix them up instantly with the RC mod, maybe even adding them to the group so they can tamper using the expmod. It pains me masterclients act in such an immature manner thinking they're better than someone else because of having a name. I've seen several decently skilled guest players when i go ahead and visit the regular servers, so i don't see the logic behind insta banning them. They might be a guest, but they're still a human trying to have fun on this game too. What the fuck is going on with this community?

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 11:13 am 

You tell me... :(