All times are UTC

Post subject: Fur cape remake (all my own work)
PostPosted: November 9th, 2015, 1:52 am 

Before I made the mistake of using google (shame on me) I learned the hard way... Now i have MY OWN take on the fur cape. (Please don't be hateful in the comments. I still love animals.) It isn't as crisp as the template I used (aka it is when you tell a kinder-garden student to color in the lines xD) I't is fixed and better (also less realistic but who cares) It may look like chickenscratch now but It looks good in actual game play.

Cape
Spoiler:
LINK:http://i.imgur.com/fWJVvct.png

Screen shot
Spoiler:
I apologize for it not being fullscreen but i can't take full screen pictures.

Set this into hoodie as well (IF YOU WANT HOOD TO MATCH)
Spoiler:

PLEASE DO NOT post mean comments. I worked hard.
A RECOLOR IS LIKELY TO OCCUR SOMETIME EVENTUALLY. please comment what colour you want if you want a non realistic color like green or blue or purple. I will make white black and gray myself

Last edited by IceAura on December 5th, 2015, 2:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fur cape remake (all my own work)
PostPosted: November 9th, 2015, 2:34 am 

I am aware that it isn't as professional looking as everyone else, but i tried and it looks good [/color]to me. I will release a costume to match it in less than a week. Still, I love animals so be nice.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2015, 3:06 am 

It looks nice i'm not fan of fur cloths but it looks good, and i don't know what you did wrong but seeing you remorseful about it says a lot from you, take care and keep the good work ^^

_________________________________________________________________________________

PostPosted: November 9th, 2015, 7:55 pm 

Armin wrote:
It looks nice i'm not fan of fur cloths but it looks good, and i don't know what you did wrong but seeing you remorseful about it says a lot from you, take care and keep the good work ^^
Thanks. The reason i seemed so negative about it was people tend to hate this kind of stuff and i was worried about the reaction i would get. The main reason i posted this despite my worrying was because it could be used in roll plays. Iv'e come to the realization that even if every pixel isn't a different hue and shade, it still looks pretty good on your actual player. I will mainly stick to capes and costumes for now because the other things iv'e seen are pretty complicated. I am likely to make parts transparent so it can have a more realistic(ish) look

PostPosted: November 10th, 2015, 3:44 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
You know, I actually really like this. x3 It's unique, and I haven't seen anything like it before. Your work clearly shows you put time into it, (otherwise you would have just made a texture and slapped it on, not even bothering to make the lines match the pattern of the cape itself) and I can tell you are a bit timid when it comes to your skins.

Rule #1, for me, anyways, is that people are judging your skins, not you. Now, making edits with Google is not shameful- it's a practice that gets you higher and higher into the hierarchy of making skins. Manymanymany artists on this site start out small, never thinking they'll grow into something more; they make small changes to their skins, and just when they think it's good enough, they add more- more, and more and more- until they have a full skin. Now, many artists ALSO start out editing another artist's work. Myself included.

I first started this website with the Original - Remastered series- I didn't make them myself, I took textures from an old model, and pasted them over the new ones. Though, I did put a lot of work into it, so it still meant a lot to me. It's not who makes it that's important- it's what you do to it to make it better that IS important. Remember, it's not shameful until you claim that you made the entire thing, with pieces in the skin that you did not make.

Anyways, I truly do appreciate your skin- I think it looks very nice, not from how it's made, or drawn, but because of how you wear it, and how you fear it might not be up to standard. My final statement is, I believe in you entirely- if you continue to learn, and share, and create, you will eventually become someone who can do amazing things with their art; something people beg for from time to time. (: So, just keep chugging along, little engine. I know you can do it- but, only if you think you can. x3

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2015, 8:19 pm 

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I try to read other peoples comments and reply as much as i can (y'know being nice and all) But i never expected my hero would comment on my work. I am super motivated and i am so glad i took art classes (lol) And something else that I thought about this, It leaves the user a window to do their own thing because i never said it was supposed to be real fur (I STILL LOVE ANIMALS) It can be fake is one so chooses xD I've been working on other skin things and it will take time i know but first i need to understand the templates xD. It is true that i hit myself pretty hard here. I am now really comfortable posting my work. I was very very reluctant to post something about a vastly hated and doyen topic because i was too worried about the reaction i would get. I really don't care about fur stuff cuz Canada (wow this is long) But thanks so much! :D

PostPosted: November 11th, 2015, 12:05 am 
Veteran Artist

Absolutely. ^^ I think you took a very creative approach to it, and I don't think people mind it in the least. x3 I'm hoping you'll do great things- I get the strong feeling that your art will evolve and grow even further, so keep going, and never give up. x3 My first posts were literally just a test for me to figure out if I even wanted to make skins. I'm very shy and I have major social anxiety, so it was hard for me to post skins, too. I eventually got over it; I'm sure you can, too. x3

I wish the best of luck to you, and the best of luck to your future as an artist, too. (:

PostPosted: November 11th, 2015, 6:57 am 

It's very nice to see people being happy and motivated! Thanks a lot TheBellFox for help sapphireaura.

_________________________________________________________________________________

PostPosted: November 12th, 2015, 1:27 am 

Is there a way i can change my username? It says in profile management, You need to retype your password in order to change User name or email address. I want it to match the name I use In game. I need to thank TheBellFox for a lot of things. I really liked the Idea of having a motivational quote in my signature, Mine is original. "Do what you can, Practice what you want, And let your imagination thrive!" My art teacher like the quote so much he asked me to make a poster for it xD. Third, I really like her/your (if you read this) art style. It is unique and her taste of games is similar to mine (Aka tloz.) She/you always know what to say to motivate me and others... So thanks so much!

Last edited by IceAura on December 15th, 2015, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2015, 8:13 pm 
Veteran Artist

Indeed there is. However, you can't do it yourself- ask one of the moderators to do it for you, or if you don't want to message, leave it in your next comment, and I would be delighted to forward it off to Kano. ^^

Artist hero? Me? Pffffff *goes to the corner to cry because embarrassment* I really try hard to make the users of this site feel comfortable, especially the new ones. ;w; I'm glad I made you feel happy to be on this site, too. That sounds really neat! I'd love it if you'd send me a PM with the poster, if you ever do it. (: Well, thank you, very much. ^^ It took a lot of time and trial to get it to work the way I wanted- Especially the cel shading! *grumble* If I could suggest a cluster of games to study the style of, and incorporate it into this specific game, I definitely suggest The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker/Majora's Mask, (Not Twilight Princess xD..) Okami, Tales of Symphonia, anddddddd my last suggestion would be the art style of various Anime- Attack on Titan is my favourite because of how scenic it is, and it takes the art to a different perspective than most others.

I absolutely love to see users grow and flourish, and to see that you are, makes me very happy. (: Maybe one day I could write a tutorial for you, but that'd take a long time, since I can't make videos. >w> I'm super-delighted to hear that I inspire you so much- it almost makes me want to cry. ;w; So, thank you, it really makes my time on this site worth every minute. x3