All times are UTC

Post subject: Tales of Symphonia - Material Blades
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2015, 7:46 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
It's finally hereeeee! *cheers*

Ah yes, the Material blades.. I've wanted to do a Tales of Symphonia skin for a looong time, but I'm still studying the art style of it, so it'll be a while until any full sets are out. ;~; But, I just got the idea today to make the Material Blades from Tales of Symphonia- what are these? Well, they're spoilers of the story, that's what. xD

The Material Blades are two swords that have the power to harness the most powerful sword in the game, the Eternal Sword; when in the presence of the Mana Seed, the sword will react and form into one again, giving our hero, Lloyd Irving, the power to combine the world back into one again. The swords are also an emotional part of Lloyd, so be careful with them! x3

The Flaming Sword is the Flamberge; Lloyd's father gave it to him, in a step to form the Eternal Sword. The Frozen Sword is the Vorpal Sword, a sword forged by Lloyd's adoptive father to materialise with the Flamberge. Along with the Sorcerer's Ring, and the Ring of the Pact, Lloyd has the power to save the entire world.

Luckily for you, this doesn't come with those complications; it's just for looks. xD

A few things to say about this skin is, I didn't make this from scratch; I used a Model Rip of both the Flamberge and the Vorpal Sword in order to get them cut out and onto the blade. I added the glowing effect myself, but it doesn't look great in-game.

Another thing to say is, there's two versions of each sword; The first two use my HD Restyled Omni-Directional Gear. The second version uses just the blades, since some people like it without the maneuver gear.

My last thing to say is, READY FOR THIS!??!

DEMON FANG--

Tales of Symphonia - Material Blades
Spoiler:

Click the link below to get to the original Imgur album if the previews above don't work for you; they never worked for me, so there's a fix to help out everyone.
http://imgur.com/a/9Y6Ms

~Screenshots~
Both Material Blades
Spoiler:

The Flamberge
Spoiler:

The Vorpal Sword
Spoiler:

Aaaand that about covers all of this. xD I'm still sick, so I'll be a bit slow with updates, (besides, I've got some requests I'm in the middle of anyways) so, I hope you all have a lovely day; thank you for reading, take care, and stay safe, everyone. x3

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

Post subject: Re: Tales of Symphonia - Material Blades
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2015, 10:56 pm 
Oh cool, you've started doing the ToS style. I'm a fan of the how bright the colours are. ^-^ I actually might use the Vorpal Sword myself. (Bluuueee <3)

... how the heck do you get such good screenshots? ;-;

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 6:18 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Lackadaisical wrote:
Oh cool, you've started doing the ToS style. I'm a fan of the how bright the colours are. ^-^ I actually might use the Vorpal Sword myself. (Bluuueee <3)

... how the heck do you get such good screenshots? ;-;

Thank you for the nice comment. ^^ Yessss, the Tales of Symphonia style; I'll get into more later if I get the chance. x3 Colours are the central focus- here's hoping I can master them correctly.

And, that's easy- I go to the highest resolution in RC, crank it up a bit, then get in-game. I turn off the crosshair, turn down my camera distance, then spam the Print Screen button when I think I have a good shot. Generally standing still or moving is a good choice- I think in between animations are good bets.

After that, I go in GIMP, and I paste it in there; I zoom it in at a nice size, and snapshot it with Gyazo. It automatically uploads, and then POOF! Screenshots. xD Although, the worst part about making skins is the screenshots. It's always a bummer. Like going home from school, only to know you're going to do homework when you get back.

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 7:11 am 

That sounds like a lot of homework. X-X Thanks for the tips though, I'll also be looking forward to see all the colours~ :shock: