All times are UTC

Post subject: Translucent-ish stuff
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2015, 4:56 am 
Senior Artist

Dude #1: .... Hey dude, did you smell something wierd?

Dude #2: What are you talking abo.... wait... I do... where did it come from... AHHH BEHIND YOU!!! KILLL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Me: *in a zombie-ish voice* EYYY GUYS! WANA HAV SUM NEW SKINS???

I was dead, yet I came back alive... for a while... i guess.

Quite some time since i posted here. And my my how are you guys doing so well? xD

Er herm, anyway, I always wondered that can you do translucent skins in AoTTG? I tried, the only place it seemed to work are the eyes, faces, glasses, and gas only. How about the others? Does not work as expected sadly.

"How bout we make the textures consists of half of solid colors and empty spaces?" A thought snapped into me while i was playing with pixel coloring. The results are as follows

The skin actually consists of a blue image with some white empty spaces in between each pixels. It worked well-ish i guess. I tried go making the pixels smaller in a larger resolution but when viewed from far it will render some parts missing as the pixels are too small.

So here is the Skin Image.
Spoiler:

".... so that's your skin?" you may ask. Well, I pretty much quitted Aottg and making skins as a whole so I'm here actually to share some experiments i made out of boredom. Also to hope that this will give you an idea about making stuffs (assuming that it is helpful).

You may click the thank button for me, but it doesn't really matter for me anymore. You also do not need to ask me to use this image, it is free to use.

If you don't mind, I'm gona return to my grave. bye guys

Post subject: Re: Translucent-ish stuff
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2015, 5:03 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
That's a neat experiment you tried out. I was interested in translucency worked (opacity can be lowered with the same result) but I never actually tried it out completely.

I hope you don't punish yourself for 'dying'. (even though I still think your skins are a very important part of the community) I'm glad to at least hear a word on your status lately, because you were definitely considered one of my brother artists on this site, and I do appreciate your work, and I really appreciate you supporting my own work. (: I hope you have a lovely time with whatever you're using now, though. Thank you for reading. x3

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2015, 5:40 am 
Senior Artist

TheBellFox wrote:
That's a neat experiment you tried out. I was interested in translucency worked (opacity can be lowered with the same result) but I never actually tried it out completely.

I hope you don't punish yourself for 'dying'. (even though I still think your skins are a very important part of the community) I'm glad to at least hear a word on your status lately, because you were definitely considered one of my brother artists on this site, and I do appreciate your work, and I really appreciate you supporting my own work. (: I hope you have a lovely time with whatever you're using now, though. Thank you for reading. x3

Aw, glad to here that :D. I haven't checked out most of the new skins or artists here but good to know that my existence isn't as pointless as I thought it would be xD.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2015, 5:32 pm 

Hi'' I would like to know how you did that you can see through the body(the invisible little cubes).

PostPosted: October 17th, 2015, 5:51 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
matanking wrote:
Hi'' I would like to know how you did that you can see through the body(the invisible little cubes).

I assume Tyxant did it by making a flat blue texture and then deleted little spots in a pattern in order to make it transparent; by using an advanced image manipulator, you can make them transparent. x3

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.