All times are UTC

Post subject: Ykwii V2.0+ (Open-world map)
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2015, 4:20 pm 
Veteran Member

IMPORTANT:
Spoiler:
This is the newer version of the map, with many more objects, and I would recommend if you have a decent computer. If you don't have a decent computer, I would recommend trying this older version of the map viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5148

(The name is pronounced as wick-knee)
My map, as far as I seen, is the first to exploit the movable spawns and set them outside the barrier, the end result being a GIANT map that is way beyond normal 10x10 limits.

What do you mean by bigger then 10x10?:
Spoiler:
What I mean is that while the current remove boundaries extend the borders to 10 times the amount, 10x10, my map has NO barriers as far as I've seen. The ground that I use ends at some point yes, as I can't place an infinite block, but the barriers which stop you aren't there. In short, I can make the map as big as I want it to be, or until the game can't handle it.

Newest Code:
Spoiler:
V2.12: http://pastebin.com/pa9fGyxr
Current script logic:
http://pastebin.com/xUvp4PLC
NOTE: I will not be posting old logic code links, and the one here will always be the newest one for the newest map.
Also, if you want to put this logic code in, make sure mode endless is turned OFF when you restart the game, then you can turn it back on. Failure to do so makes the character not spawn in.

Old code (from V2.0 onwards, oldest version on old thread):

Video(from V2.09, some new features not seen):
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

As of current the map has:
5 different towns
Cave hill with small castle on top
Arena with Annie inside
Abandoned temple with several strange relics inside
Trippy ass ferris wheel in town closest to arena
Walled city
GIANT tree
Desert
Ocean
Secrets?...
Leave more suggestions down below!

Updates:
Spoiler:
5/29/15: Upgraded to V2.12, made swimmable ocean, with some islands already in preperation. Made logic code for wooden cafe in walled city, a billboard in the cafe, and the ocean. Also added secret in desert to a certain skrublord on here.
5/16/15: Upgraded to V2.11, Fixed the barriers.
5/15/15: Upgraded to V2.10, I added invis barriers way out in order to fix the glitching cursor problem. If the invis boundaries actually stop you before you see the end of the map, let me know so I can change it to where it should be.
5/12/15: Upgraded to V2.09, in this update I simply went and fixed the ground and refill stations levels, as well as add titan spawns to the newly added desert.
5/09/15: Upgraded to V2.08, in this update I added a few new roads which lead to a desert complete with sand dunes, village, and a pyramid. Only thing that I have to do add more spawns around it and it should be complete.
5/8/15: Upgraded to V2.07, I made some notable changes in this update, as I feel kind of bad for not doing anything for the last week. First, in my attempt to try to make a detailed ground texture (which failed) I ended up making the ground a lot smaller, from 100000x100000 to 8000x8000. I decided however to use 1 1 tile with grass2, making a nice ground which shifts in color. Due to my reduction of the ground, I however did fix the glitchy ground issue. Besides the ground changing, I also finished up the giant tree, and added more roads which lead to the end of the ground where I plan to add some kind of ocean.
5/1/15: Upgraded to V2.06, finished secret easter egg dedicated to a mod on here, made giant tree and started on secret easter egg in it. Also went and added spawns, a few buildings, and trees from the city to the tree, as well as extended the road in preparation of future items.
4/29/15: Upgraded to V2.05, finished up with cafe/bar and started to try different methods to make secret areas.
4/28/15: Upgraded to V2.04, started work on a cafe/bar in the walled city.
4/27/15: Upgraded to V2.02/3, more progress on custom buildings in walled city. Also added trees around back and right side of walled city.
4/24/15: Upgraded to V2.01, added titan spawns and more human spawns in city, started on custom aestheic buildings/features, including small market tents.
4/23/15: Upgraded to V2.0, added walled city based off Griffinbound's design

Glitches:
Spoiler:
The game isn't really meant to handle this kind of huge map, so there are a number of glitches I have come across including:
-Small boundary. If you come across a boundary that isn't letting you see the rest of the map you have to go into level editor, click misc, and if your no boundaries tab is shaded in CLICK IT. My map was made before the invisible barriers option, and will not work properly if your no boundaries is on.
-Messed up hook aiming, the little crosshair that you use to aim has been seen to freeze up often for a few seconds. Press x and your mouse pointer should become visible, use that instead
-blade players not being able to kill titans. The only 100 percent fix I have seen to this is switching to AHSS. The host player however never experiences this problem.
-Going through the map. I have personally experienced this problem a few times, although it can be avoided by not going at a high speed directly into the ground.
-Spawning on normal initial empty map if INITIALLY AHSS. I have seen this problem only once or twice,(as most people don't use it) however I haven't seen if it has a fix to it yet. Recommend to just try switching to regular blade character and try to spawn in then.
-Spawning and falling through map. It seems that due to the huge amount of items, it takes a few seconds for everything to load in causing you to fall through the map. Simply put on endless respawn, or restart in order to fix.

Remixers and stealers:
Spoiler:
As much as I want people to use this map and expand to it, I would like to ask that you not claim it as your own. You can past it off as a remix map if you desire however at least give me some credit in your remakes of it.
(If you do desire to edit it, you have to fly WAY up in level editor till you see the underneath of the ground)

The way that I discovered to make this map possible is simply to use the cyan and magenta spawns and place them beyond the barriers (careful, I had to past 2 sets of barriers for my map so make sure to constantly test your map to see if it has barriers)

Made with help by:
Spoiler:
Griffinbound: His amazing version of the walls, from his Trost map viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5288

Memorable quotes:
Spoiler:
"This is like OTW 3.0 and you skipped 2.0" - Guest
"This is like a new and improved OTW" - Gameboy

Spoiler:

Last edited by xXSB101Xx on May 29th, 2015, 9:06 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Ykwii V2.0+
PostPosted: April 27th, 2015, 11:33 pm 
Veteran Member

Updated pictures.

Spoiler:

Post subject: Re: Ykwii V2.0+ (Open-world map)
PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 3:08 pm 
Veteran Member

Added video, showing off the map better as screenshots aren't really cutting it.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 3:42 am 

Wow. This map is amazing. If only my cursor wouldn't stop glitching. I combined Syeo's Mario 64 map with this... I couldn't find it. I couldn't find the huge castle. That's how big this map is...

Edit: The Castle is in it's own Oasis in default area far from the open world map. You can still spawn in it, but you won't get to leave due to the normal boundaries.

Feng, add teleporters pls.

Last edited by SAA on May 14th, 2015, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 5:07 pm 
Veteran Member

SAA wrote:
Wow. This map is amazing. If only my cursor wouldn't stop glitching. I combined Syeo's Mario 64 map with this... I couldn't find it. I couldn't find the huge castle. That's how big this map is...

Have the fix for the cursor in the glitches section. press x and mouse cursor will appear, you can use that.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 6:06 pm 

Medals: 1
Hmmm...interesting. Seems that I became bored to test it out back then. So, theoretically speaking, there is an unlimited space outside the default barrier?

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 8:57 pm 
Veteran Member

delta297 wrote:
Hmmm...interesting. Seems that I became bored to test it out back then. So, theoretically speaking, there is an unlimited space outside the default barrier?

Theoretically yes, however supposedly some people who flew the map say theres an invis barrier really far out. I don't know if theres truth to it or they fell off the map and thought they were hitting a wall as they fell into the void. There could be a barrier really far out, as when I started to make this map there were actually 2 sets of barriers i past before i found the vast space. However if there is, it's so far out that there isn't any reason to worry about it potentially as Griffin has flown the previous 100000 by 100000 block and still didnt find it.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: May 14th, 2015, 2:05 am 
Veteran Member

Jesus why didnt anyone say the video didnt work XD

Spoiler:

PostPosted: May 14th, 2015, 3:16 pm 
Veteran Member

Ok I fixed the video. I don't know why it froze the frame up at the beginning but i reuploaded it and it's fixed.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: May 14th, 2015, 5:35 pm 

Have you played on the Jet Ski map? The creator of that map used some interesting mechanics to imitate water. You can move really fast with gas in the water, and there's a fluid feel to it. I don't know how s/he made the "water", but you can ask him/her or try to reverse-engineer the map.

I'd suggest that you replace your solid rivers with the "water" in the Jet Ski map. It would make travel by river much more viable as it would make it much easier to travel from the major cities connected by the river.

Another note: I went inside the giant tree but couldn't get out. There is a one way wall at the very top of the entrance. I'm not sure if that was done on purpose though.

I also couldn't find the exit of the underground cave... I'm just bad at finding things.

---
xXSB101Xx wrote:
Have the fix for the cursor in the glitches section. press x and mouse cursor will appear, you can use that.

I figured that out after posting. I'm still bummed at the lack of a fancy cursor that gives me an object's distance, but it's better than having to use TPS.