All times are UTC

Post subject: (Old version) Ykwii
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2015, 3:38 pm 
Veteran Member

This post is an outdated version, with an older version of the map. Better for computers with less horsepower but with fewer items.

My map, as far as I seen, is the first to exploit the movable spawns and set them outside the barrier, the end result being a GIANT map that is way beyond normal 10x10 limits.
What do you mean by bigger then 10x10?:
Spoiler:
What I mean is that while the current remove boundaries extend the borders to 10 times the amount, 10x10, my map has NO barriers as far as I've seen. The ground that I use ends at some point yes, as I can't place an infinite block, but the barriers which stop you aren't there. The block I used is 100000x100000, making it so even the best aottg players will spend a good 5-10 minutes at top speed before reaching the end of my ground.

Code:
Spoiler:
http://pastebin.com/r5WSJH1g

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

As of current the map has:
5 different towns
Cave hill with small castle on top
Arena with Annie inside
Abandoned temple with several strange relics inside
Trippy ass ferris wheel in town closest to arena
Leave more suggestions down below!

Glitches:
Spoiler:
The game isn't really meant to handle this kind of huge map, so there are a number of glitches I have come across including:
-Small boundary. If you come across a boundary that isn't letting you see the rest of the map you have to go into leel editor, click misc, and if your no boundaries tab is shaded in CLICK IT. My map was made before the invisible barriers option, and will not work properly if your no boundaries is on.
-Messed up hook aiming, the little crosshair that you use to aim has been seen to freeze up often for a few seconds. Press x and your mouse pointer should become visible, use that instead
-blade players not being able to kill titans. The only 100 percent fix I have seen to this is switching to AHSS. The host player however never experiences this problem.
-Going through the map. I have personally experienced this problem a few times, although it can be avoided by not going at a high speed directly into the ground.
-Spawning on normal initial empty map if INITIALLY AHSS. I have seen this problem only once or twice,(as most people don't use it) however I haven't seen if it has a fix to it yet. Recommend to just try switching to regular blade character and try to spawn in then.

Editing this map:
Spoiler:
As much as I want people to use this map and expand to it, I would like to ask that you not claim it as your own. You can past it off as a remix map if you desire however at least give me some credit in your remakes of it.
(If you do desire to edit it, you have to fly WAY up in level editor till you see the underneath of the ground)

The way that I discovered to make this map possible is simply to use the cyan and magenta spawns and place them beyond the barriers (careful, I had to past 2 sets of barriers for my map so make sure to constantly test your map to see if it has barriers)

Spoiler:

Last edited by xXSB101Xx on April 23rd, 2015, 4:11 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Post subject: Re: (WIP) Unnamed map
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2015, 10:01 pm 
Veteran Member

Map updated with screenshots and newest code

Spoiler:

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 9:40 am 

Actually, it's not even necessary to move spawns outside of the barrier. Simply switch to "misc" in the editor and disable the boundaries and you get the same result.

I tried the map and it's big, but it's clipping quite hard. You should use one big object as the ground, or at least change the height of the level a little bit. When two objects are almost on the same height, they are clipping.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 6:32 pm 
Veteran Member

Actually, not to be rude, but the disable boundaries, really doesnt disable the map boundaries, it just increaaes the boundary to a small 10x10, while the current boundary of my map is near unreachable. Compare to my map, the 10x10 boundary is nothing. The ground I did set as one huge object, however I put in roads to add direction and a bit more detail to the map as it would be otherwise near impossible to find anything in this map.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 6:52 pm 

You can make it as big as possible, but for what? You can't fill it with enough objects to keep it interesting though. :D Especially since unity can't handle too many objects anyway. At least I'm getting problems after ca 1300 objects.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 7:47 pm 
Veteran Member

Code updated, and now on pastebin as its to large for the message box to hold.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 5:04 pm 
Veteran Member

Updated map, now has a WIP arena that has annie in it.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 5:13 pm 
Veteran Member

Let me know if anyone would prefer to have two versions of the map, with one that has annie and one that doesn't

Spoiler:

Post subject: Re: (WIP) Giant Map (no barriers at all)
PostPosted: April 7th, 2015, 9:36 pm 
Veteran Member

Currently working on changing all the roads from planes to cubes to minimize flickering texture. It will look a bit...weird for a road, but it's better then having a seizure inducing road.

Spoiler:

Post subject: Re: (WIP) Ykwii (yik-wee)
PostPosted: April 9th, 2015, 12:00 am 
Veteran Member

Update: Roads are now all cuboids instead of plane blocks, reducing the amount of flickering seen. It does look odd for a road, but it's the better alternative to a seizure inducing road.

Spoiler: