All times are UTC

Post subject: Mikasa OVA gym costume - Retexture *Updated*
PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 2:42 pm 
Newbie Artist

Original: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3871 <3 you 01ahmed10 :)

Firstly let me point this out, I've no experience in modding, none at all (pretty sure you can tell). I just think what 01ahmed10 started there has potential :D I really like the idea, I know i'm probably the only one but I find women with abs sexy as hell. I just do ._. Besides, who doesn't love Mikasa?
Right?
Spoiler:

I didn't really like the way the abs were painted, so I thought i could just give it a try using Paint. Yeap, windows 7 paint xD
This is my first attempt to ever "mod" anything, my first post, so don't judge ._. 'Cause .. as a wise man once said, yolo.
---
*Updated* 1/3/2015

Screenies:
ImageImage

Get your 6 pack today:
Spoiler:

***A huge thanks to Halloween for her advice, thanks love.

Hope you like it x)

Last edited by Epilogue on March 1st, 2015, 2:34 am, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Mikasa OVA gym costume - Retexture
PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 6:53 pm 

Such amazingness much epic only thing wrong is that iam not talking that those abs are made by MS paint xD

PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 7:34 pm 
Newbie Artist

01ahmed10 wrote:
Such amazingness much epic only thing wrong is that iam not talking that those abs are made by MS paint xD

Haha if I could i would make them using shading instead of drawing them, however I don't don't possess such skills or knowledge :c Anyone who does, please help make it perfect! I want this skin for my Mikasa so bad D:

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 2:32 am 
Newbie Artist

01ahmed10 wrote:

Update update check check =D

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 6:54 pm 

Epilogue wrote:
01ahmed10 wrote:

Update update check check =D

Holy shit srsly holy shit If you did this with GIMP I would really love it if you would make q video tutorial on it about how to make detail and make shadings and stuff and please shares e what ever she told you cuz I love how Halloween makes her skins I watched her video but I couldn't do what she was doing but look you will be one of the best skin makers and editors ever you just need ideas so anyway keep up that amazing work

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 8:03 pm 
Newbie Artist

I'm glad you like it! I didn't use GIMP at all, all I used is this: http://painttool-sai.en.softonic.com/ which Halloween introduced to me. She told me the Brush and its options would do the job :] So i just started messing with it, having no idea what i was doing.. xD trying to understand how that program works. It took me only 5 minutes to learn how to use it, it's super easy :) So, here's what i did step by step:1. Let's choose our 2 colors that we will be working with in the whole proccess. The one should be the skin color that is already there, so select it with the "color picker". The second color should be a slightly darker version of our original skin color (that we just selected) and with this, we're gonna draw the abs. 2. Select the brush, and now let's have a look at the options. The only ones we need are Size and Density. For size something around 5 is good, and as for density i recommend 15/20 for drawing abs. 3. Google time, search a for a picture that shows what you have in mind, i chose some half naked Mikasa pic (strictly for skin making reasons.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .. ) that showed abs just like i wanted them to look on my painting. 4. Now draw what you see, draw the lines using the Brush, with the darker skin color that we chose earlier (i think i started with Size 5 and Density 18). You'll have to keep drawing the same surface for quite some time, because we chose low density, but that's how we make it look realistic :] 5. After you're done drawing the abs, you will want the two colors not to make such a huge antithesis with each other. Select the Brush, choose the original skin color now, and lower the Density even more (try around 7 Density). Now use it on the edges of the abs, to make them thinner and more transparent. 6. The end! You know how to use the brush now, so feel free to try anything new to get the desired result :) I really hope this helps to guide you through the first steps of using Sai. It's a really good program that every AoT skin maker should use! Good luck mate, feel free to ask me anything, I'm happy to help in any way i can :)

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 11:51 am 

Epilogue wrote:
I'm glad you like it! I didn't use GIMP at all, all I used is this: http://painttool-sai.en.softonic.com/ which Halloween introduced to me. She told me the Brush and its options would do the job :] So i just started messing with it, having no idea what i was doing.. xD trying to understand how that program works. It took me only 5 minutes to learn how to use it, it's super easy :) So, here's what i did step by step:1. Let's choose our 2 colors that we will be working with in the whole proccess. The one should be the skin color that is already there, so select it with the "color picker". The second color should be a slightly darker version of our original skin color (that we just selected) and with this, we're gonna draw the abs. 2. Select the brush, and now let's have a look at the options. The only ones we need are Size and Density. For size something around 5 is good, and as for density i recommend 15/20 for drawing abs. 3. Google time, search a for a picture that shows what you have in mind, i chose some half naked Mikasa pic (strictly for skin making reasons.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .. ) that showed abs just like i wanted them to look on my painting. 4. Now draw what you see, draw the lines using the Brush, with the darker skin color that we chose earlier (i think i started with Size 5 and Density 18). You'll have to keep drawing the same surface for quite some time, because we chose low density, but that's how we make it look realistic :] 5. After you're done drawing the abs, you will want the two colors not to make such a huge antithesis with each other. Select the Brush, choose the original skin color now, and lower the Density even more (try around 7 Density). Now use it on the edges of the abs, to make them thinner and more transparent. 6. The end! You know how to use the brush now, so feel free to try anything new to get the desired result :) I really hope this helps to guide you through the first steps of using Sai. It's a really good program that every AoT skin maker should use! Good luck mate, feel free to ask me anything, I'm happy to help in any way i can :)

Look I know you typed alot xD but I already knew all of that and I was already using sai as I said I watched Halloween's tutorial so anyway I meant how do you make the abs and body details so um ... sort of coming out of the body and if you can give me your Skype name

Post subject: Re: Mikasa OVA gym costume - Retexture *Updated*
PostPosted: March 6th, 2015, 4:38 am 

Where'd you get the gloves and the sword holding thing? can i have the code?? and the eyes from the first photo.. thank you

PostPosted: March 7th, 2015, 12:13 am 
Newbie Artist

Khasanne wrote:
Where'd you get the gloves and the sword holding thing? can i have the code?? and the eyes from the first photo.. thank you

Gloves: http://aotskins.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1252

Eyes: http://aotskins.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2731

PostPosted: March 7th, 2015, 1:55 am 

Thank you