All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Temp Solution for being crashed/kicked by ricecancer bot
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2015, 4:01 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
kano wrote:
(I dunno I haven't actually run into bot yet to know what exactly it does)

Spoiler:

As the screenshot , when he join your game will freeze/crash
and his name not shown on the list , so that what happen when you in a server that have a lot of visitors.

Post subject: Re: Temp Solution for being crashed/kicked by ricecancer bot
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2015, 4:26 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
No that was last night , i was on hour ago and didn't see it.

Edit: before the update.

Post subject: Re: Temporary Solution for being crashed by ricecancer bot
PostPosted: June 28th, 2015, 5:58 am 

Hmm, someone entered our pass-protected server and made us all crash like a rice-cancer bot, so I think it didn't work... ^^

Welp, I guess I'll have to find out how I can host a server on mac^^

PostPosted: June 28th, 2015, 9:36 am 

RiceCake wrote:
oh, I meant the anticheat added in yesterday's update. Since no one has reported anything IDK if it actually works or not. Yeah private servers are definitely safe, just because it lets you forcefully disconnect anyone..there are still some bugs in there that need to be ironed out though.

I'm playing atm with 2015-06-26 and the Anticheat doesn't work. For example: when a HyperMega-Cannon joins and uses it's AHSS gun, there doesn't happen anything.

About the RiceCancer mod, i experienced it 3 times, when hosting a pvp room.
When RiceCancer joins your room, it takes about ~1-3 seconds and then it spams a lot titans at random places and kills them (seen with minimap), which makes the text with "<name> <damage> <titan>" in the middle of the screen to overflow and to crash.

Guild Text:
[B.A.K.A.]
The In-Game Photographer

In-Game Name:
Vanta

Do you need colored texts for MOTD or other things? PM me ;)
My examples:
Spoiler:

PostPosted: June 28th, 2015, 5:21 pm 

Vanta wrote:
RiceCake wrote:
oh, I meant the anticheat added in yesterday's update. Since no one has reported anything IDK if it actually works or not. Yeah private servers are definitely safe, just because it lets you forcefully disconnect anyone..there are still some bugs in there that need to be ironed out though.

I'm playing atm with 2015-06-26 and the Anticheat doesn't work. For example: when a HyperMega-Cannon joins and uses it's AHSS gun, there doesn't happen anything.

When RiceCancer joins your room, it takes about ~1-3 seconds and then it spams a lot titans at random places and kills them (seen with minimap), which makes the text with "<name> <damage> <titan>" in the middle of the screen to overflow and to crash.

That's not what I experienced, when the modder entered our server the lag increased without spawning "seeable" objects. But my ram went pretty high and the ram of a friend maxed out.

Also Rice, why can't you include a function that will automatically ban Hyper megas?

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 5:04 am 

Vanta wrote:
RiceCake wrote:

I'm going to end up having two replies to this thread in general, so please bear with me here.

This kind of a thing is known as a titanGetKill crash, because it loops the titanGetKill RPC however many times they choose to perform it. I believe that before, you needed to spawn the titans in, but now it's 100% possible to do it without spawning a single titan. It's a favored one for NRC, since it is the /crash command of NRC, sending an addLINE telling you that they have been 'superbanned', when in reality, the RPC was spammed to them.

Spoiler:
Known Guilds:
  • .:OpTix:.
  • |Fallen Angels|
  • PureBloods
  • Velocity
  • Otaku,
  • Xcution
  • Dawn of Eternity
  • TheUnidentifiedRoses
  • Night Raid

Spoiler:
Highest Scores
  • 4811; Tradby - Blade.
  • 4315; Hydra - AHSS.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 5:06 am 

Pixell wrote:
Vanta wrote:
RiceCake wrote:

That's not what I experienced, when the modder entered our server the lag increased without spawning "seeable" objects. But my ram went pretty high and the ram of a friend maxed out.

Also Rice, why can't you include a function that will automatically ban Hyper megas?

As for this, if this is when I think it was, this was a very powerful Disconnect made by some of the better modders. It doesn't spawn a single seeable object, but instead, sends an overload of hidden error messages to the player they've indicated (Or all of the players, depending upon how they've written it), and creates tons of lag, until said person Disconnects, or at worst, crashes.

Spoiler:
Known Guilds:
  • .:OpTix:.
  • |Fallen Angels|
  • PureBloods
  • Velocity
  • Otaku,
  • Xcution
  • Dawn of Eternity
  • TheUnidentifiedRoses
  • Night Raid

Spoiler: