All times are UTC

Post subject: The Last Action Hero (manly skin)
PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 8:52 pm 

Yo...DAWG.

Spoiler:
This took forever. Blender didn't export the UV correctly, and even after working on a fix I still had to man-ually test out every change. Super annoying, but here it is regardless. I re-drew the blade handles (as well as everything else), and I am very satisfied with how they came out. Closer to the source material than Feng's version. I'm probably going to add some more grip styles of about the same quality pretty soon. Oh and, hi I guess ? ? ?

Spoiler:
EDIT #1: I made some minor corrections. If you were one of the few people to get the skin on release, you may want to update your links. Or not, as you probably won't notice much of a difference either way.
EDIT #2: A blast from the actual past. Originally uploaded a few days ago, the grip variety is back. I've also updated the old links to a slightly new version of the base skin. You don't need to update yours, since I've kept the old ones up, but it's up to you.

Are you the coldest, hardest core mofo out there? Do you get 5ks and drink in the tears of player titans errywhere? Are you the LAST HOPE of humanity through sweat, blood, effort, sweat, effort, BLOOD, and TOTALLY SWEET S/KILLS (and a prodigious amount of free time)?!

Then this skin is for you, you manliest of action heroes: a skin inspired by the most high octane, testosterone packed generic bald dudes everywhere. Be your own Commander Shep'. Or some other guy that looks exactly like him! Hell, you can be both!

The Last Action Hero skin was scientifically engineered to be as generibadass as possible. High contrast manliness, uber great detailed pistol handles, and custom-made basket weave grips for maximum comfiness (gotta keep those hands soft, yo)! The REAPER himself even stamped his approval for MAXIMUM KILL!!

And the absolute best part? IT'S ONLY 78KBs PNG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(Just imagine me spinning while falling down a fire escape.)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CAN.YOU.DIG.IT???

>GIT IT

>GIT IT

>GIT IT

But wait, is there more? There's more! Now you can get a variety of totally AWESOME blade grips! Bring out your inner murderpimpin with these fine handles. Just slap them on to some image skin with your choice of image manipulation computer sciency thing, and you're gud to git gud.

>GIT EM

Spoiler:
So you're not a super manly dude. That's cool too, bra, so check out Halloween's character skins instead. They're so girly, you'll be vomiting rainbows (srsly they're great).

Last edited by Noize on March 1st, 2015, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Last Action Hero (manly skin)
PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 3:46 am 

OMG BRUH YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO DOES THE DIFFERENT SKIN COLOR THING THANKS MAN!!!

PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 10:42 pm 

Hell yeah brah.

Spoiler:
On that note, I can easily do other skin colors. PM me if you want something in particular.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2015, 1:30 am 

I don't know if you take requests, but I'd like a new-drawn 3dmg to match the handles - it's beautiful and majestic, realistic and I can't even say more or I'll die of perfection - I'm using on all it on all my characters~

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2015, 3:43 am 

Definitely. Also, I appreciate the kind feedback. I'm doing another grip right now, among a few other things, but I will try to get some blades+3d gear after I get 2-3 variations done (and a minor fix that's been bugging me). It was something I planned on doing next.

April EDIIITT: I have the 3D gear semi finished, but it will take far too much work to get it into the shape I want, and because I generally don't have the time to work on it due to other responsibilities, so I'm dropping that project.

Also, anyone is free to use my handles/blade things for whatever. You don't need to ask my permission or anything. A mention would be cool, but it's not required.

Last edited by Noize on April 11th, 2015, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 5:46 am 

Re-added various blade grips. Five in total, minus the original one.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 4:46 pm 
Im confused on how to use the handles... help would be nice xD

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 6:11 pm 

You'll need a graphics program that can handle transparency. So I don't think mspaint will work. You can try something like GIMP, which is free, paint.net, or whatever else. I am going to demonstrate using Photoshop, but the procedure is basically the same for all programs. Download the grip and skin that you want. Then,

CLICK HERE

If you still have no idea how to do it, pm me with grip and skin, I'll upload it for you.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 8:49 pm 
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is so cool! I did it with plain old pixlr and it looks amazing!

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 10:01 pm 

Glad you like it. Now to work on my other stuff...