All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Clean Version of Recent RC Mod
PostPosted: June 13th, 2016, 6:24 pm 

I've thought about making a personal mod for myself, however to do that I'd require the RC Mod including all of its files (.exe and data), not the Unity application that is provided on the RC website.

Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: Clean Version of Recent RC Mod
PostPosted: June 14th, 2016, 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

there is no data folder for rc mod, you will have to decompile the unity3d file found in the browser version of the mod.

That said it is unlikely you will be able to modify the assembly using net reflector or similar. RC Mod was compiled somewhat unconventionally, I used the original game as an assembly reference to create a new assembly containing the modifications, and injected into the original using a script. This causes the assembly's headers to become corrupted due to multiple self-references which has to be fixed by my script. An unintended consequence being that when you try to recompile using net reflector the headers become corrupted again and your game will likely not work.

If you want to create a mod you will have to start on your own fresh assembly. I don't care if you use things from mine (why re-invent the wheel), but the data folder will not help you.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 1:51 pm 

He was lying tho, the assembly can be dumped and deobfuscated easily, and many people have a fixed RC project too, but both of them are private, can't give you, sorry.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. RC mod has not been obfuscated since the last 5-6 releases so I don't understand why you are using a deob.
Yes, it would be trivial (albeit tedious) to just fix the RC source file to create your own VS project as you would for the vanilla game. though I hope you realize how odd it is that you have your own "private" fixed RC project as if you decide who has access to source code you did not write. For a bunch of modders who pride themselves on originality you can do better :^)

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 2:26 pm 

I know you have been using confuser to obfuscate it lol dude. also, actually I used your code just for the custom maps and the skins, I didn't need your code for gamemodes or anything else, no offense but the ban system is not effective, the antis suck. you'd need to work more on the anticheat dude, but the gamemodes are fine

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

there really is no obfuscator, no lie. Maybe de4dot does detect something though because of how I compile it and change the headers.

and what modding community? all I've ever seen are a bunch of entitled kids who think they're programming gods because they can move some code around in a chinese browser game. For the entirety of RC mod I get nothing but criticism from so-called modders and organized attacks on RC servers, so imagine my disappointment when after a 9-month hiatus almost nothing in the game has changed.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 2:43 pm 

that used to happen 1 year ago, also, modders aren't usually aggressive, it's just that often RC users freak out when they see a modder and try to spam ban him, failing, and complaining if they get DC'd or something.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 2:45 pm 

*Grabs popcorn*

I would like to show you your pain...

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 2:51 pm 

Logged in my old account just to say 'LOL'. - Boresesesosis

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 2:55 pm 

also, maybe you didn't know that modders don't hate you or your mod, they just hate your users, that happens to me too, my private mod is too abusive and when my users abuse I'm the one who gets shouted at, lol

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next