All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Newest screens and some LOVELY gifs
PostPosted: November 4th, 2014, 1:35 pm 
Newbie Artist

DireWolfwere wrote:
I personally am really leery about the effects. One part of why I enjoy aottg so much is because the lack of effects and sounds. If a game has too many effects/sounds I cannot play it because I get overloaded by everything (actually I don't play any games with volume on...). I really really hope there is a way to toggle effects and that screenshots thing. The new titans look awesome, though I totally don't want to remake my skins AGAIN.

let's just pray to GOD that he doesnt change the player models :_:

Spoiler:

My DeviantArt: http://kathbot0.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: November 4th, 2014, 5:13 pm 
Designer

Medals: 1
KathBot0 wrote:
DireWolfwere wrote:
I personally am really leery about the effects. One part of why I enjoy aottg so much is because the lack of effects and sounds. If a game has too many effects/sounds I cannot play it because I get overloaded by everything (actually I don't play any games with volume on...). I really really hope there is a way to toggle effects and that screenshots thing. The new titans look awesome, though I totally don't want to remake my skins AGAIN.

let's just pray to GOD that he doesnt change the player models :_:

That JUSTT happened. Omfg if it happened again I would be so fucking mad. I just remade all of my skins (except a few).

PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 9:35 pm 

thetechdweller wrote:

So as you can see Feng is really making progress with this new update. It's only been a month since the last one and it looks ready to release. The new features look to include:

- Screenshots that appear on screen after kill (from alternate angle) that show the damage. I am guessing these will be saved to your account but it is not clear. Hopefully the on screen cap can be toggled as it would get tiresome fast. Still nice to save your highest damage in a nice screenshot. I noticed that it shows you more than one sometimes also.

- New titan model. Feng showed it before but now it seems that he has textured it and got the custom hairs and eyes working. A lot of discussion about the game's content moving away from canon attack on titan stuff has been going on. Personally my opinion is that I am glad it is moving away. I saw the game as an AoT game for a few months then it became an arcadey game where you swing around trees killing stuff, I don't feel like I am in the anime unless I sit back and look at what I am doing as a whole. I like that the game is making it's own unique appearance and while the quality of the titan skin has gone to a different style, more simple and cartoony, I think it is better than trying to be realistic when it really isn't.

- Titan animations including: head turn to look at player, abberant run and maybe flop, maybe a new walk (hard to tell) and a fall down to sitting position animation. These looks really cool especially the abberant run, they look pretty hard to kill now as they move about so much. It will be fun trying new stuff on the new titans.

- Titan hitboxes: The titans finally have extra hitboxes now, so far all we have seen is ankle hitboxes that cause the titan to fall on it's arse but there maybe be more. This will be good for newer players as they can disable a titans movement quickly to have a easier chance at it's nape.

- Levi special? It looks like Levi's special is slightly different but it may just be that the gif is sped up slightly to improve framerate. It looks faster than usual and the air equator that was shown in gif#2 suggests that it may act differently.

- Extra effects such as blade trail and camera speed effects. I think they look nice however I would think that a lot of people wouldn't like them. It would be a good idea for them to be toggle-able, and preferable not controlled by the quality bar. The blade trail will look AWESOME in slowmo.

Ooo, maybe he made it so you can make the Levi special stop whenever you want?
//OTL when you realize thats probably never gonna happen//