All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hangout Server Crasher
PostPosted: August 4th, 2015, 11:34 pm 

I wasnt entirely sure where to post this, and I'm not entirely sure what to do. A modder under multiple different names has been constantly crashing my servers. Before he would not talk but recently he has been willing to talk before he crashes my server. Here are some of the screen shots I got, which should include date and time, which is Pacific Time. The other time he was using the name wild nips/Sugar Tits, and the third as Glitch. The first pic is what I think to be the first day he started crashing, and only used that technique once by spamming the kill feed. (also the last one i forgot to upload in the album and sorry that you can't really read the text ;-;)

I do not plan on stop making servers, but this problem is starting to become extremely annoying. If any of you can help somehow I would highly appreciate it. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Hangout Server Crasher
PostPosted: August 5th, 2015, 6:19 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
-

Last edited by RicoZoe on September 3rd, 2015, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 7:50 pm 

hmm well there isn't really any solution, but in my experience with modders
they usually get bored and stop crashing that particular server. For example back in March- April the modder Est/Platt caused a lot of trouble for Canon Rp servers, crashing servers, stealing MC, etc.
but eventually he got bored and stopped. Also its good you have screenshots because you could talk to Rice Cake about it and he/she may have a solution. I'm sorry if I don't have any solid solutions but I hope this info helped

http://goo.gl/forms/Gyf5HkVt2t

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 8:46 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Some players can just be big pricks and.. don't really care about what they do to others. The best thing to do is relax and don't let it get to you. Don't react when they come in, and don't explode when they threaten you. If they do crash your server, just rehost another one and tell your friends what the name is. I suggest putting a name close to 'FoodForTitan', because it's not a name a lot of people search up, and you can also hide in plain sight.

I'm deeply sorry you had this experience, and I'm sorry to say that there's not a whole lot of things you can do to combat it. RC Mod is supposed to autoban those kinds of mods, so I'm not entirely sure why it didn't autoban them, but you may not be using RC Mod, I'm not sure.

I used to host a server daily called RC Boss, and I had a few players crashing my server just because they wanted. The best thing to do is keep trying, and try not to let them get to you, hun. They will eventually give up and stop, like OldManZangetsu44 said. If you really want to get your paws sticky, you could try and talk to them about why they crash you, and why they don't just hang out instead.

The best of luck, I hope this issue gets resolved for you soon.

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 12:41 am 

So, it seems like after a couple of days of posting this, he seems to have stopped. I guess you two were right! I actually have ways to semi-protect myself now, so Im extremely thankful of that. I will though take both of your advice and if they do come back, remain calm. I tried to think that while he was attacking us but sometimes he was really pushing the limit..but thanks again for your help~

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 12:25 pm 

No problem

http://goo.gl/forms/Gyf5HkVt2t

PostPosted: December 29th, 2015, 10:34 pm 

[removed]

Last edited by kano on December 30th, 2015, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
malware

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]