All times are UTC

Post subject: I thought I'd say something...
PostPosted: August 26th, 2018, 8:19 am 

I might be a familiar face to some of you. My old account was "Vlinkthehylian". So, if that helps. Then, cool.

I mainly decided to make this thread because looking back on the things I posted back in June of 2015. Holy shit, I was an incredibly toxic user for a short period of time back then. I even remember when I was completely banned from this forum because of it. And, tbh. I deserved it. I don't know who lifted the ban. But, thank you ? I guess.

Not only did I want to clarify my behavior back then. I wanted to clarify some things that were discussed back then.

- The whole DogeMod incident only happened because some users received "fake" versions of the mod. DogeGuardian Mat (aka "Mat") was the only person who would ever send his mod to you. You would never receive it from anyone other than himself.

- The so-called "RiceCancer" mod that went around was not a modified version of DogeBot as DogeBot's code was completely obfuscated. It was just something that Rogan quickly made during that time to completely fuck over RC mod users.

- The whole "My Own Opinion" post back in 2015 that I made was all because I was salty over an update that RC mod got that auto-ignored DogeMod upon joining a server. I don't exactly know what RC did, but I believe it got reverted whatever it was.

- The entire controversy over Death's Mod was somewhat correct. It IS an abusive mod if you received the Admin privileges from Nick himself for his mod. It WAS NOT abusive if you didn't own these privileges as RC users were able to kick and ban you with no problem. His mod mainly consisted of game modes and his disconnects were restricted to the Admin users only.

- The "DogeMod restart looped my computer" incident was indeed an issue. It was addressed as malware multiple times and my rebuttal against it was awful.

And, I think that's all ? I can't really remember anything else. Not that anyone should care anymore because soon Feng will be shutting down the game. But it does make me feel better as a person that I know what I did wrong back then.

Thank you to anyone who decides to read this. I'm sure you're all wonderful people and have thoroughly enjoyed this game ever since Feng remade it and revived it.

Last edited by linkthehylian on June 14th, 2019, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I thought I'd say something...
PostPosted: August 26th, 2018, 9:36 pm 
Veteran Artist

Jeez, you're that dude? Well at least it's nice to know some people do change for the better. I hope I catch you in game some time!

~Dm

PostPosted: August 29th, 2018, 3:45 am 

doctertotheman wrote:
Jeez, you're that dude? Well at least it's nice to know some people do change for the better. I hope I catch you in game some time!

Yeah, that was me back in 2015. I'm extremely glad I've changed and matured over the years. Looking back at most of the threads I made and have replied to. It honestly makes me cringe.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2018, 9:42 am 

linkthehylian wrote:
I might be a familiar face to some of you. My old account was "Vlinkthehylian". So, if that helps. Then, cool.

I mainly decided to make this thread because looking back on the things I posted back in June of 2015. Holy shit, I was an incredibly toxic user for a short period of time back then. I even remember when I was completely obessed with total curve results and here banned from this forum because of it. And, tbh. I deserved it. I don't know who lifted the ban. But, thank you ? I guess.

Not only did I want to clarify my behavior back then. I wanted to clarify some things that were discussed back then.

- The whole DogeMod incident only happened because some users received "fake" versions of the mod. DogeGuardian Mat (aka "Mat") was the only person who would ever send his mod to you. You would and never receive it from anyone other than himself.

- The so-called "RiceCancer" mod that went around was not a modified version of DogeBot as DogeBot's code was completely obfuscated. It was just something that Rogan quickly made during that time to completely fuck over RC mod users.

- The whole "My Own Opinion" post back in 2015 that I made was all because I was salty over an update that RC mod got that auto-ignored DogeMod upon joining a server. I don't exactly know what RC did, but I believe it got reverted whatever it was.

- The entire controversy over Death's Mod was somewhat correct. It IS an abusive mod if you received the Admin privileges from Nick himself for his mod. It WAS NOT abusive if you didn't own these privileges as RC users were able to kick and ban you with no problem. His mod mainly consisted of game modes and his disconnects were restricted to the Admin users only.

- The "DogeMod restart looped my computer" incident was indeed an issue. It was addressed as malware multiple times and my rebuttal against it was awful.

And, I think that's all ? I can't really remember anything else. Not that anyone should care anymore because soon Feng will be shutting down the game. But it does make me feel better as a person that I know what I did wrong back then.

Thank you to anyone who decides to read this. I'm sure you're all wonderful people and have thoroughly enjoyed this game ever since Feng remade it and revived it.

I also still occasionally play the game when I get bored. My username is Kainé.

It's nice to see someone open up his heart. I'm new here and want to contribute as well as learn a lot here.

Last edited by EmilioParker on August 22nd, 2022, 7:27 am, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2018, 10:07 pm 

Cool to know, if ur ever on or use discord just let me know

PostPosted: October 14th, 2018, 11:44 am 

EmilioParker wrote:
It's nice to see someone open up his heart. I'm new here and want to contribute as well as learn a lot here.

Thank you.

I'm glad to see there are still users here that enjoy Feng's game. Enjoy it while it lasts, who knows when Feng will completely shut down the servers.

Last edited by linkthehylian on October 14th, 2018, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2018, 11:45 am 

AtomicWarrior03 wrote:
Cool to know, if ur ever on or use discord just let me know

Here's my Discord: linkthehylian#2771

Just be sure to let me know who you are and where you added me from. I don't check this forum very often. :)