All times are UTC

Post subject: Removing a Skin's Blade Handles and Blades for Beginners
PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 10:57 am 
Senior Artist

Removing a Skin's Blades and Blade Handles for Beginners.

When I first started skinning this was one of the things that took me a while to work out and I often hear players asking me how to do this. This will take you through the making of this step by step and won't skip anything for absolute beginners.

While most of the time you will be using the default skins and there are plenty of downloadable versions. Some skin tones and designs that you may wish for without blades still have their handles. This tutorial is for that.

Step 1: Make sure you have a skin file to work with. For now you can use mine but you can get every default skin file here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vr62ab75w6j8cra/skins1.08.2015.rar

My skin:
http://i.imgur.com/xONyYmm.png

Step 2: Open up your skin in an image editing program. As this editing dabbles with transparency you can't use MS paint but there are free programs like GIMP you can use. I use photoshop.

Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/

My image open in photoshop.

Step 3: As you can see on the top right hand side of my skin there are a bunch of components that make up the blade handles. Use the 'lasso' tool to carefully select the area around the handles but be careful not to select too much outside of it.

The Lasso tool selecting the area I wish to remove.

Step 4: Press the delete button on your keyboard to delete the selected area. Most programs will replace the area with transparency as it is not a background layer but in others you may need to enable it.

The blades are now deleted!

Step 5: Save the file as a .png, .png files allow for transparency. DO NOT save as a .jpg as it'll remove the transparency in the file as it isn't a transparency capable file format.

Step 6: Upload the file to imgur. This is one of the only RC mod capable websites so make sure to make an account if you plan on making skins.

Step 7: View the uploaded image in imgur and select the 'direct link' box on the right press 'control C' to copy the link.

Step 8: Open Attack on Titan and press P to open the RC mod skins panel. Select the 'human' tab and then the 'skin' tab. Press CNTRL V to Paste. To delete the blades select the 3dmg left and right boxes and type 'transparent' without the quotes to remove them. Press the save button and reload your character.

Step 9: Make sure your character is working correctly in game. This is mine after finishing these steps.

Finished Skin File:
If you are just looking for a blade handle-less skin file, you can download the finished version and link it directly to your account here:

http://i.imgur.com/yvU0Y4j.png

Post subject: Re: Removing a Skin's Blade Handles and Blades for Beginners
PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 3:48 pm 

man i really find this tutorial useful...

PostPosted: May 18th, 2015, 1:02 am 
Senior Artist

Glad it was helpful. ^_^

PostPosted: November 19th, 2015, 3:02 am 
Veteran Member

How can i do it with ahss? when i tried this, it showed skin color outlining the gun handle's corners?