All times are UTC

Post subject: Easily Recolor Skins! Easily Draw Skins!
PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 5:24 am 
Designer

Medals: 1
PaintToolSAI Tutorials
phpBB [video]

^ Drawing & shading

phpBB [video]

^ Easy Recoloring

Paint.Net Tutorial
phpBB [video]

^ Drawing & shading & coloring

shut your whore mouth, i have the manliest most unaccented not at all midwestern voice you have ever heard in your life.

---

If you like this tutorial, be sure to thank and check out my skins.

Last edited by DireWolfwere on April 6th, 2015, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Easily Recolor Skins! Easily Draw Skins!
PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 5:42 am 
Senior Artist

Too bad i use paint.net lol

Want to use any parts from my stuff? Inform me by messaging,or commenting to the topic :D

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 6:06 am 
Designer

TheDrax wrote:

Damn, that's the only program I can't get on my computer. You should still have layer modes, no?

There's always firealpaca, krita, and gimp (all free). I personally would recommend firealpaca. I know all these programs have the same features as SAI, but I don't know how to use them. And paint.net probably has some sort of linework tools. It's been years since I've used it though, so I can't remember anything about it Dx

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 6:41 am 
Senior Artist

Anyways, happy 400 thanks! :D

Want to use any parts from my stuff? Inform me by messaging,or commenting to the topic :D

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 12:24 pm 
Designer

TheDrax wrote:
Anyways, happy 400 thanks! :D

Thank you. I'm pretty stoked about it myself.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 4:45 pm 
Designer

TheDrax wrote:

boo i finally managed to install paint.net
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 8:38 pm 
Newbie Artist

I'm not sure what it is, but there seems to be a problem with the transparency feature in SAI or me... maybe it's because me and Shadowmayne sort of got a bootlegged copy of it on my mac. I usually use gimp to make skins, and that's why they're not so good.

Gimp makes me angry

Sometimes I'll make something in sai and have to repaste it over the original skin/template in gimp to save the transparency.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 9:10 pm 
Designer

KirsteinKun wrote:
I'm not sure what it is, but there seems to be a problem with the transparency feature in SAI or me... maybe it's because me and Shadowmayne sort of got a bootlegged copy of it on my mac. I usually use gimp to make skins, and that's why they're not so good.

Gimp makes me angry

Sometimes I'll make something in sai and have to repaste it over the original skin/template in gimp to save the transparency.

When you save as .png do you make sure to select the 32 bit option? It's the bottom one and says something like keep opacity or transparency.

I do know that sometimes this feature does not work on pirated copies of sai though.

Why not try krita or fire alpaca? At the very worst, you could save your file in SAI as a .psd and then open it in one of those other programs to save it as .png; both krita and Firealpaca are free (:

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 9:24 pm 
Newbie Artist

DireWolfwere wrote:
KirsteinKun wrote:

Gimp makes me angry

When you save as .png do you make sure to select the 32 bit option? It's the bottom one and says something like keep opacity or transparency.

I do know that sometimes this feature does not work on pirated copies of sai though.

Why not try krita or fire alpaca? At the very worst, you could save your file in SAI as a .psd and then open it in one of those other programs to save it as .png; both krita and Firealpaca are free (:

I looked that up, and watched tutorials to try and fix it, but the 32-bit option never even comes up for me. It just saves as a .png but when I test it out whatever part I edited in SAI just disappears. I'm grabbing Fire Alpaca now, although Krita says that the mac version is somewhat unstable. I hate using a mac >.<

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 9:40 pm 
Designer

KirsteinKun wrote:
I looked that up, and watched tutorials to try and fix it, but the 32-bit option never even comes up for me. It just saves as a .png but when I test it out whatever part I edited in SAI just disappears. I'm grabbing Fire Alpaca now, although Krita says that the mac version is somewhat unstable. I hate using a mac >.<

It's most likely because you don't have an official version of sai that it doesn't work! I would personally choose firealpaca over krita. I have a windows & a decent computer, but krita hardly runs on it because it lags so bad! It's worse than photoshop (lag wise). Firealpaca is very simple, easy to use, and its layout is a bit like sai.