All times are UTC

Post subject: Is it possible to edit the the skin model?(Add tail,horns..)
PostPosted: October 18th, 2015, 6:19 pm 

Is it possible to edit the the skin model and change the shape of the head/hair and anything alse? Untill now i found a way only to to cut parts of the exsisting models and by that change shape of it but is it possible like to add things to the skin like horns,tails and such things?

If such thing exist i would like to know how i can learn it pls ^^

Post subject: Re: Is it possible to edit the the skin model?(Add tail,horn
PostPosted: October 19th, 2015, 10:43 am 

WilliamWhite wrote:
Firstly, you've already posted this question in the General Discussion section, which means this a double post. Please refrain from doing that. Secondly, to answer your question, it's highly unlikely. Sure, you can edit the models if you'd like to, but adding them to the mod would be challenging.

You can find all of the models here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=548
These models can be edited with programs like Photoshop 3D, or a free program like Blender. Tutorials for those programs can most likely be found on their respective websites.

Firstly, sory for the double post :/
Secondly, Thx for the answer :)
And a question, what do you mean "adding them to the mod would be challenging", It's not like everything alse? that i turn in to UV Map and upload it to Imgur or somthing and than use it? There is anything alse that need to be done?

PostPosted: October 19th, 2015, 2:05 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
matanking wrote:
And a question, what do you mean "adding them to the mod would be challenging", It's not like everything alse? that i turn in to UV Map and upload it to Imgur or somthing and than use it? There is anything alse that need to be done?

RC Mod isn't that simple; RC Mod itself is just a client out of many others that just so happens to have the ability to add skins into the game; as such, he uses web links, so they don't have to be saved on the game files to load the images. If you want to edit models and such, it would have to be manually hardcoded into the game to either 1: Replace an existing model, or 2: Be added by RiceCake. Since Ricecake has abandoned this project in favour of another, he can no longer do so.

When Meecube and I were working on the Canon to be added, Meecube wanted me to edit it in blender, which was sent off to Rice; It would take an extensive knowledge of modding to put/replace models in this game, and even then, it may not be compatible with mods that don't use the same assets. I have no knowledge of modding for this game, but I know enough to know, it's not easy, at all. From what I know, doing that stuff takes a lot of work, so it's not something RC Mod was designed for; RC Mod was started as a skin mod, nothing more and nothing less.

If you're truly desperate for such a thing, I suggest asking around the forum with modders who know what you're doing; But, I have doubts that you'll find enough credible sources to do so. I wish you luck, however, and I do hope you figure out what to do.

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2015, 7:02 pm 

TheBellFox wrote:
matanking wrote:

RC Mod isn't that simple; RC Mod itself is just a client out of many others that just so happens to have the ability to add skins into the game; as such, he uses web links, so they don't have to be saved on the game files to load the images. If you want to edit models and such, it would have to be manually hardcoded into the game to either 1: Replace an existing model, or 2: Be added by RiceCake. Since Ricecake has abandoned this project in favour of another, he can no longer do so.

When Meecube and I were working on the Canon to be added, Meecube wanted me to edit it in blender, which was sent off to Rice; It would take an extensive knowledge of modding to put/replace models in this game, and even then, it may not be compatible with mods that don't use the same assets. I have no knowledge of modding for this game, but I know enough to know, it's not easy, at all. From what I know, doing that stuff takes a lot of work, so it's not something RC Mod was designed for; RC Mod was started as a skin mod, nothing more and nothing less.

If you're truly desperate for such a thing, I suggest asking around the forum with modders who know what you're doing; But, I have doubts that you'll find enough credible sources to do so. I wish you luck, however, and I do hope you figure out what to do.

Thx alot, i'm a begginer at all this thing so i preffer not getting into hard staff like you describing so maybe when i get more knowladge about all of this i will try to find a solution ^^ By than ill keep edit the simple way we all know :)

Thx again for the answer!