All times are UTC

Post subject: Pixel-ly eyes, way to fix?
PostPosted: August 31st, 2015, 7:29 pm 

A lot of eye skins I make I encounter this problem: The eye lines are very pixel-like.
I've noticed this happens when I toggle Disable mipmapping; however, when its not enabled the skin texture drops drastically in clarity.

The program I use is Paint tool sai, and I've tried multiple different line size, but to no avail. Hopefully there is a solution but i'd equally welcome some tips to evade this problem.

Post subject: Re: Pixel-ly eyes, way to fix?
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 8:23 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Personally, I use GIMP. I've never had this issue before, but I would imagine it's a compression or a image issue that happens when you export it.

Do me a favour and try to see what would happen if you took a skin that looked okay in-game, and just ran it through your software and exported it with it; see if it has the same outcome as the normally-pixely skins.

If this is, indeed, your problem, you've probably got to play with export options. Gimp provides options as soon as you're ready to export, including interlacing and such; Maybe try that out? I haven't used Paint Tool SAI enough to understand it, but I hope this helped a tiny bit to provide insight.

Thank you for reading, have a lovely night. I hope your problem is resolved soon. (:

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 2:38 am 

TheBellFox wrote:
Personally, I use GIMP. I've never had this issue before, but I would imagine it's a compression or a image issue that happens when you export it.

Do me a favour and try to see what would happen if you took a skin that looked okay in-game, and just ran it through your software and exported it with it; see if it has the same outcome as the normally-pixely skins.

If this is, indeed, your problem, you've probably got to play with export options. Gimp provides options as soon as you're ready to export, including interlacing and such; Maybe try that out? I haven't used Paint Tool SAI enough to understand it, but I hope this helped a tiny bit to provide insight.

Thank you for reading, have a lovely night. I hope your problem is resolved soon. (:

I used a eye skin made from someone else and tested to see if their lines appeared pixely, and they did. I tried again with different eyes and the outcome was the same, so I believe it might be the graphics or possibly the laptop; furthermore, with exporting options sai doesn't really have them. It simply shows a dialog box asking if I want my image to be transparent. ( Thanks '.png' :( )

I should get gimp but it hates my tablet and lags like a hoe.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 1:03 pm 

Medals: 2
►Most likely your graphics, mine has always looked pixel-ly and my graphics card is total shite
-joins u in the terrible graphics club-