All times are UTC

Post subject: I need feedbacks and advice on my cape
PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 9:08 am 

Hey, so I needed a custom cape with the logo of my rp group/guld on it, which I did
Spoiler:
here's the logo I made : Image
and here's the cape I made : Image
Now, I know the cape is not 1080p HD and I'm a total newbie compared to artists like Sarah Jaeger, TheBellfox, etc... :lol: (forgive me if I spell those names wrong)
That's why I need some advice to make my cape better :D
Sooo, if I could get feedbacks and advice from experienced artists, it would be really helpful, thanks !

Spoiler:
Btw, you guys have any cape templates I can use ? it would be really useful :D

Last edited by Ralphen on June 28th, 2017, 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: I need feedbacks and advice on my cape
PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 10:06 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Your cape looks lovely. ^^ The logo looks very good, I really like how straight your liners are on it, and the colours are just as nice. Resolution doesn't equal quality, most of the time- it's how you take your art and in what direction it'll blow in, after all. In fact, most of my skins were only 1024x1024 because that was just what was most comfortable for me to make skins with. x3

I did make a cape, but nearly all of my skins in the style it uses are a 'recreation' of sorts, of Feng's own works, so I don't think you'd get much help from it, but you can certainly have and use it anyways- it isn't posted anywhere on the site either, so you can use it however you like- if you decide to repost it though, be smart; follow the site rules with plagiarism, you have my complete permission if you decide to repost it. ^^

Spoiler:

Good luck on your future skins, I can see you have very big potential. Just keep thinking you can, little engine. (:

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2017, 7:12 am 

Wow, I didn't... expect such positive replies, and from such great artists. thanks for you support ! :D

Especially TheBellFox, who told me exacly what I need to know (btw, I love your work :) ).
Oh, and, don't worry for copyright or plagiarism or whatever you call it, I know the rules (I even say the same thing when it comes to my logos :lol: ).
Thanks for the template though, I will make good use of it. [reedited] I tried out your Template, and it doesn't work, it renders this, you know, yellowish buggy texture...
Spoiler:
Here's the cape

And here's the outcome : Image

Now I think that the problem comes from the file size, that it's too big for the file limit to render.... However, I don't exacly know how to fix this

Now, I wasn't especially aiming to make skins, but now that you mention it... there are skins that still haven't been createed yet. Guess as people say, "you can only be satisfied when you do it yourself" :lol:
Sooo, yeah, maybe I'll make other skins, since I can't refuse such an advice from a great artist :D

PostPosted: June 29th, 2017, 12:55 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
I'm glad you like the template, though I'm sorry to hear it didn't turn out well- though I did solve the problem for you, so I'll teach you this bit of advice. ^^

Sometimes, the filesize of HD skins (like mine nearly 80% of the time, I actually did this before I uploaded it, but editing it seemed to undo it) can exceed what the game wants to load, which is a limit of 200KB. If the file exceeds 200KB, it'll load in-game that way, so what I do is I take the skin I edited, and upload it to the link below.

https://tinypng.com/

That site can lower the filesize of your skin- keep it in reference for the future, it comes in handy. I went ahead and uploaded it with a lower filesize myself for you, so you won't have to. (:

Spoiler:

Apologies for that oversight, I should have expected it- always pay attention to your filesize, that's the lesson to be learned. You should absolutely make skins if you think you have the motivation and ability to- if you have any questions, by all means feel free to PM me or respond here, and I'd be delighted to help you with anything you might be wondering about. (:

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2017, 3:50 pm 

:D Thanks alot ! It works perfectly

Lesson learned, I'm keeping the website you shared me in my favorites tab

Thanks for the advice, you gave me the motivation to start making skins and other artistic stuff on forum :) from now when I have time to spare, I'll make skins from time to time....