All times are UTC

Post subject: Dear You: Farewell, The Ending to an Epilogue
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2016, 5:34 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Hello to those of AOTSKINS- it's been quite a while, has it not? Sadly, I come bearing news that I could no longer take.

I've written this post a million and one times. I've finished it off as gracefully as I could, but I never posted it out of fear for reactions. I never posted it at all, until now. As some may know, I've always been interested in the development of the Attack on Titan Tribute Game, and I've always been mindful of those playing it. My starting point was in May of 2014, when I had gotten my first computer. I was so new to the world, and everything was very shocking, to say the least, when I stumbled upon this game.

I am a very shy and quiet person- I hardly ever face someone in real life, or I would get a nosebleed. My social anxiety is a very huge role in my life, and it's something I face continuously. I also have a large list of other problems, which includes severe depression, and that mixed in with an online community, so full of people who don't hesitate to speak out, is not a fantastic mix.

Let me just start off by saying, the Attack on Titan Tribute Game community that we started off was beautiful. Those players were absolutely wonderful, and they all meant the world to me- everyone was happy, and everyone was having fun. That combined with my problems, has turned me into the person I am today, and I'm very proud that it's helped me with my numerous problems. The Attack on Titan Tribute Game community we have now, is a whole different story. I'm no longer indebted to stay in this community anymore, and apparently, a large list of other members have opted to take that path as well. I've left this game once before, only to come back later in the future-

I started off as an Artist on the first RC Mod client to be released- my first skin was a very bad edit of the normal skins in-game, and a few other skins I'd found online, for personal use. With time, I've met some really wonderful people here. I'd like to list those people here, in tribute to them.

Legendssg, for being one of the most trustworthy and happy people on this site. You have no idea how much you've inspired me to always have a smile on my face.

DocterToTheMan, for being one of my very first friends on this site. You were one of the few people who helped me come out of my shy and nervous state to be able to talk to others.

Tyxant, for being my brother artist on this site when I first started. You always commented on my stuff all the time, and even made some of your own versions. This made me more confident in what I do.

TheMikarin, for being what I would say a big sister to me during the time I made skins. You've always inspired me to do my best no matter what, and though we might not have spoken that much, the unspoken appreciation I had for you had never died out.

RicoZoe, for being one of my favourite people on the site. You've always made me smile when I talk to you, and you're always so nice to speak to, and so fun to play this game with.

Serenity, aka, Wyvern, for being another of my first friends on this site. You're like my sister to me, and I ran into you multiple times until we came into contact. I adore your art, and I can't help but smile when I talk to you.

Kano, WilliamWhite, and Halloween, for being wonderful people to speak to, and have a nice time with. You all do a great job with the site. ^^

Griffinbound and Meecube, for putting me to work on one of the biggest challenges in my skinning history. I am honoured to have worked to texture the cannon for you both, and I appreciate you both helping me. It stands in my heart as one of my favourite skins I'd ever made.

LOCKjaw, for being a very important influence on my art, and being a very nice person to talk to- you've reassured me of many things that I, otherwise, would have been too nervous about.

TheIceFox, for being a wonderful support to me, and hopefully for all my life.

MarcoTitan, for being one of the most trustworthy friends I could ever leave my dignity to, and the one to have inspired me to do art in the first place.

Kyouma, for being the one who helped me realise that my choices all have purpose.

And, finally-

Thank you, AOTSKINS, for forming me into an artist who I thought I would never be. I've always been too timid to think about what art I could and couldn't do, and this put me on a good road to successfully becoming an artist. So, from me to any and all who read this-

Thank you for reading this. I hope you have a lovely day, stay safe, take care, and.. I hope you've enjoyed. ^^ I certainly did enjoy making skins the entire time I was on this site. To any skin makers or Attack on Titan Tribute Game players, I wish you all luck on everything you do, be it related to Attack on Titan or not, all of you deserve happiness, and to those who do not deserve it, I still wish you find it in the future.

These words come from the heart, and they are my own. I can only hope they mean something to someone after I've left here for good. With as much as I can take in health, skinning takes a very large amount of determination, and with how this game is going, I won't be able to continue my works. I wish the best for everyone reading this, and I hope everyone has a lovely day.

And, with that.. Here's to you, AOTSKINS, all of the artists, all of the players, the members, the family, the friends, the rivals and the teams alike. May your future be bright and full of happiness.

I wish you all well.

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

Post subject: Re: Dear You: Farewell, The Ending to an Epilogue
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2016, 6:23 pm 
Newbie Artist

Another one left . Rip BellFox , Although we´ve never spoke before , I really loved you skins and have great respect for Artists such as yourself . Farewell , You will be remembered .

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2016, 11:07 pm 

Medals: 3
*Heart silently breaks* I wish you farewell; my friend.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2016, 3:35 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
It's sad to see another amazing, kind, and so sweet person like you leaving too.
I wish you happy future/life, Good luck on whatever you do in the future,
And of course you will be missed so much.
Good Bye, Bell.

Last edited by RicoZoe on March 7th, 2016, 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2016, 6:08 am 
don'tbesaddon'tbesaddon'tbesad...crap T^T

I guessed this was coming but I didn't wanna be right ;-;

I don't know if I've ever said it, but I've always loved your art. The HD Restyled series is still one of my favorite compilations. So I really appreciate the fact you like my work too<3

It's really sad to see another great artist and person such as yourself leaving this site, but it's as expected because the community is slowly getting smaller and smaller :c I can completely understand why you've retired. But, i'll definitely miss you Bell, you've always been one of my closest and kindest online friend. You're also like a sister to me.

Always remember that you can still float around and revisit! I, or any of your friends are always there just to talk if you want to c: This doesn't have to be a permanent goodbye from aotskins :C

I hope all is well for you too. You also deserve happiness! (:

*virtually hugs you*

PostPosted: February 25th, 2016, 1:43 am 

Medals: 2
►Gonna miss ya Bell ;m;

PostPosted: February 25th, 2016, 7:22 am 
Veteran Artist

Bell ,you've been an inspiration to me and you still are. Every single skin you made was always a treasure for me. ^^ You could see the hard work in every single skin you made. It made me put everything I had into my skins!

When I saw you on the forums I was actually pretty nervous to talk to you. I saw all your potential and I said, "WOW if I ever talked to you you would have thought I was weird or something". >.< That wasn't the case at all, when I first talked to you it was heartwarming! I was freaking out bad in the forum chat the first day we actually spoke to each other in a good way. xD

It's true the community is turning smaller and smaller and also how the RC Mod communities attitude has changed compared to how it was when it first started out. That's one of the major things we have to fix if we want to see a more welcoming community. I'm still trying to make it like it was back then, but it's going little by little. Reminds about that story about the boy and the starfish.

Spoiler:
I'll Keep trying everyday to change it I swear!

You wont be forgotten! You are a GIGANTIC inspiration for me~!!!

In the end we can still be in touch, I'll be there if you need anything~~!!!

This might not even be goodbye! Eitherways I just want you to know you've impacted me a lot! You'll always be very special to me~!!! xD

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2016, 10:23 am 

You were the best that has ever happened to me, Krys. You were an amazing girlfriend, an amazing friend. No one could've asked for more. Thank you for all the joy you have brought to me, thank you for giving me a reason to live. Take care, and farewell, my dear...

PostPosted: March 9th, 2016, 1:56 pm 
Senior Designer

Medals: 3
You'll be missed :( , I wish you the best in everything. Take care :cry:

YT CHANNEL:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCF9jUEmDiJOXoQyUZpIhAA

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: May 12th, 2016, 12:15 am 

I left in the beginning of the end. I occasionally come back to see how you all are doing, and it's such a shame to see all you go. However, it seems that occasionally, newcomers join and this community still has some life refusing to let go. Maybe if held long enough, it could be reborn, from old and new.

Maybe I should help, take the place of our fallen comrades, make some skins, some maps... nah, who am I kidding? At the least, I'll be here on occasions just to give company to those who need it. Maybe provide some feedback.