All times are UTC

Post subject: Guests, Acception, or Abuse? An Effort to Fair Treatment
PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 5:10 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Okay, usually, I'm not one to go to the forums to complain, (or anywhere to complain) but I have seen an issue that needs to be spoken of, and not just ignored, like it HAS been. This should be seen as a 'formal complaint', not to AoTSKINS, but to the players who see this, and the players who DO this. Feel free to leave opinions in the comments, I'd love to see what some of you think of this. I know this should be directed at Feng's forums in general, but this is more to us as RC Mod users, since this is the more level-headed part of the community, and the more influential part as well.

As you all know, Guests are a very wide population of players who, by reason out of their hands, have no way to log in, or create a name for themselves. Guests are constantly kicked and banned from servers without care. This is VERY common on many, MANY servers in this game, and I truly do think this needs to be spoken of, so, here we go.

First of all, my point of interest, is US, the RC Mod users. AoTSKINS, from my point of view, is THE most influential part of the Attack on Titan Tribute Game at this point, and as such, we do need to take a stand for what is RIGHT. We've made countless of players out of RC Mod, and a lot of the community is formed around us. And, while we may not be ALL of the players, we still are a huge chunk of them. RC Mod was approved to be completely non-abusive to other players, and to be completely unique, while not changing the core gameplay of the game. Obviously, that's not the case, as I see countless servers kicking Guests, just for BEING guests. This, to me, is infuriating- sure, they may be guests. Sure, they MAY not speak. But I don't think that's point to kick them for no reason.

I now say this, not as a Skin Artist, not as one from AOTSKINS, and not even as an RC Modder, but as a PLAYER, that this situation needs to be recognised and regarded as a pure issue that we should face.

I once hosted a server while goofing off, and a few guests came in. After playing around a bit and laughing with a friend, one PARTICULAR guest began to talk as well, and asked why they weren't being kicked. I had told them that they weren't being kicked because they had no reason to. They're players, just like us, and they have just as much right to be on this game as we do. From the MOMENT they go to Feng's site and choose a character, they have EVERY right to be a part of this community, and they have every single right to fair treatment, until they mess up and are liable to be kicked.

Now, to those who DO kick guests, I can kind of see your point and where you're coming from- guests, they can be a bit annoying. Sometimes they AFK randomly, and sometimes they don't speak at all. Sometimes they just get in the way, but that's still no reason to be banning or kicking guests right away, is it?

Now, as the more influential part of this community, the part of the community who represent RC Mod- and what it stands for- I believe it is our duty to retain order among all players, guest, mod, or even the rare Normal player. Guests wander, all alone in this game, completely unaware that the signup IS broken- completely unaware that everyone is using a mod to play this game. We have the power to get them that mod- we have the power to get all of these guests on the right track. Otherwise, nobody will show them how to, unless they wander long enough. In my eyes, the banning of guests is uncalled for, and completely unfair as well. Regardless of what server you may be running, it's not fair. So, I'm going to formally adress my point and leave it at that.

As the players with the power to get the guests to be 'normal players', and to be completely acceptable in-game, we should all work together to make this community a nice place for everyone. By 'everyone', I do NOT mean just US and the other modders- I mean, every player we can. We have the ability to do it- and if you're spending time playing this game as well, you DEFINITELY have the time to do it, no? I believe anyone in this community should be completely intent on accepting all players, and helping them as well.

Obviously, I don't expect this post to make a difference. I don't expect it to actually change the community, what it stands for, and what it is. Above all else though, I don't expect it to change the way us players think. What I expect it to change, of anything, is the perspective you see these players, who are just like us, and the way you see yourself when you kick or ban them for something that is completely out of their hands.

Anyways, I'm leaving it at that. I've seen far too many players kicked for no real reason, and I thought it was about time someone said something about it. Generally, I don't speak out at all, but I truly do care about these guests, and I truly wish for them to be treated just as fairly as every other player is.

To those of you who finished reading this, thank you. I hope you have a lovely day, stay safe, and take care. x3 As said at the top of the post, feel free to leave comments on what you think. I truly wish for this issue to be solved- and until someone stands up to resolve it, nothing will be fair for anyone until this community is dead and gone.

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

Post subject: Re: Guests, Acception, or Abuse? An Effort to Fair Treatment
PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 7:16 am 
Senior Artist

It's sad how most of the players treat these guests ;~; We were all "guests" before.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 2:27 am 

Too bad to learned knowing that guests are a very wide population of players who, by reason out of their hands, have no way to log in, or create a name for themselves. Guests are constantly kicked and banned from servers without care. Oh my God I cannot believe this. So very disgusting.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 5:36 am 

kano wrote:
i havent played aottg in quite awhile but kicking/banning guests is still a thing?!?

Sadly it is and what's worse is almost no guests can play PVP servers anymore one time I was playing and a guest showed up our server and only 5 seconds of spawning the MC banned him/her from the server and said problem solved it's cruel and no player should be treated at that degree even if it something out of control. :x

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 1:02 pm 
Veteran Artist

Yes, Guest Banning/Kicking is still going on. A large majority of the guests in this community are kicked and banned without real reason, but they just do it when they fill in the server. Most of the time, I see this happen on servers with RC Mod, or other mods, but it's sad to see that these guests, who can't help a single thing about their situation, are abused to this degree because WE refuse to help them.

The main argument is in the post, so at this point, I would be just repeating myself. I, personally, see this as a huge issue for what's left of Attack on Titan Tribute Game's community. Those guests, at some point, will be the 'New' generation of players, that will play AFTER us.

They'll be the community in the future, and because we've chosen not to help as much as we could- we won't have a new generation of players, and this community will have destroyed itself. Guests are a very important kind of player, they're the NEW players, who will learn and play based on how we all play. They'll play for the same reasons we do, and they'll learn even more new reasons to play. When we refuse to help, they're all gone, and when they're all gone, we will be as well. It's a sad situation we've gotten our community into, and I'm quite unsure if we'll get it out.

But, I certainly hope this issue is resolved soon. It's sad to see feelings hurt for no reason, and even more sad to see that the Guests are the ones who deal with all of it.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 8:44 pm 

I too don't usually speak out, especially on this forum - but I'm really glad you brought this up. I've seen way too many guests who were MC yelled at and degraded because they don't know how to restart the server (you know when the game messes up and it freezes). And let's not get started when they are AFK. I mean it's not their fault, we all have things to do. There's no need to go crazy about it - some people have no patience and want to play ASAP. But let's be honest here, a lot of the players here are preteens/around that range (not trying to bash on older players). I can't imagine how bad they feel when they've been technically cyber-bullied.

We should definitely teach them some of the mechanics of the game. I doubt it'll work, but perhaps this needs to be brought up on the actual forum of the game? http://fenglee.com/forum/index.php

I mean I remember back as a guest (WAY before I got the RC mod like 2 years ago), I would just lurk around and became a small part of the huge community there. That forum's pretty dead now, but I'm sure some moderators there could help out.

But yes thanks for bringing this up. Guests are cinnamon buns - we must make sure that they enjoy the game as much as we do.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 11:06 pm 
Veteran Artist

In my eyes, what can be done about the Guests won't be done, simply because this community has diverged from the path of friendliness, into one of solo players and players intent on their own acception, not other players' acception. The day and age this community lives in is one of isolation and pure disregard for others, for the most part. This won't be changed until all of the selfish players are effectively removed from the game, with no chances of being brought back. However, that'd ruin the community even more- because they make up the community.

Watching this community slowly turn toxic and sour to each other- players, turning on others just for the fun of it, and hurting feelings due to a lack of consequences, there's nothing that can be done. Moderators won't go into every server to make sure rude people are kicked- moderators won't go in to make sure feelings aren't hurt, and moderators won't go in to help, because in the most logical sense, it's a lost cause. Guests are considered 'temporary' players, but there's only a small amount of temporary players who actually stay and stick around, only until they can take so much abuse.

Sadly, I cannot bring this up to the main forum, due to the point I expressed above- there's nothing that can be done, realistically speaking. At this point in time, the only thing I can do, or anyone, for that matter can do, is band together and make it a better place with what they have. RC Mod's community, as stated earlier, is the more level-headed part of the community, who actually listen to points of interest.. who actually do see problems when brought up. If I brought this up to the main forums, they would probably laugh at me about it being a lost cause. If I brought this up to a group of modders, they'd laugh at me, because it's not their problem. If I brought this up here, to a place where moderation is taken seriously- where people either say nothing or something helpful- it would be regarded with complete seriousness.

I promise, if me going up to every single player and telling them to be nice to guests is all it would take, I would be scared- terrified, even- but, I'd do it. If it guaranteed that guests would be living contently under the wings of our community, I would do it. Sadly, that goal is unrealistic- so, all I can do is hope that those who read it are inspired to do the same, and hopefully that will slowly evolve into a community that fights against the cruelty that we've caused on our own ignorant terms.

In the end, it's not a matter of them being a guest, it's a matter of how all of us, as a whole, have neglected to realise how important it is to remember that each player is a person with feelings and thoughts of their own. That's what I think, anyways.. If this community that we have, was traded for a community of only guests, I'm positive it would be a 100% fun experience- for everyone who played. That's how far deep a wound we've brought upon Feng's game, and it's effecting those who wish to join in on it.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 11:21 pm 
Veteran Artist

This whole thing is depressing but it can be changed, it might take some time but I bet we can start making some change if we at least try. If I see a guest come into one of my servers i'll try to introduce them to the rc mod and aotskins (It might revive the community on here a little), but if they don't want it. I'll still let them roam in my server and have a good time. Also, what Ignionix said, we were all guest before so we should treat them as equals.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 11:35 pm 
Veteran Artist

legendssg wrote:
This whole thing is depressing but it can be changed, it might take some time but I bet we can start making some change if we at least try.

Exactly, legendssg. It would take time, a very large amount of it. If the entire community of RC Mod were to see this post, and at least attempt to help, this community would be absolutely wonderful for everyone in under a week. The only problem with that is, there are most definitely some of those out there who actually condone the act of kicking guests.

If everyone here at AOTSKINS, and using RC Mod as well, would be willing to stand up to that, to protect those who can't do it themselves, and even to take possible abuse for guests, then we could make a true difference. As of now though.. all we can do is hope that a large enough number of people change their perspective.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2016, 1:07 pm 

Medals: 3
I don't really have a problem with guests, as long as they can kill I don't really care if they're in the server. I agree with Ion's quote and we should teach them the mechanics of the game (Which is something I don't do a lot because I'm not such a good teacher). I have made a couple servers to help Guests get RC mod, or teach them how to kill titans, and how to use/play AOTTG. But When I've made server they not a lot of guests have joined or I just don't make a server of my own and play PVP, but I will put more of an effort to assist the guests in Creating their name and introducing them to the RC mod.