All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Guests, Acception, or Abuse? An Effort to Fair Treatment
PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 5:46 pm 

Whoa, I was not expecting that wall of text. You are really passionate about guests. Personally, I'd use a guest account when I was too lazy to login, didn't want to due to using a public computer, or was just in for a quickie. lol. I do see where you're coming from. I'll make an effort to defend guests in my free time to relieve my boredom.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 3:58 am 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Well, most people don't expect walls of text, because a large amount of players in Attack on Titan Tribute Game have kind of been turning a blind eye to this problem, and that's never a good thing- it REALLY is a problem, and a lot of people seem to be completely unaware that it IS a problem.

In my eyes, guests aren't a lost cause at all- they probably mean more to the community than we do, because unlike us, Guests will ALWAYS be on this game. I think it's kind of sad that this has been happening at all, but I do hope guests get treated a little bit better in the future.

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 11:42 am 

It is definitely not fair. So what if they don't have a name? My rooms (were) originally titled GUESTS WELCOME and. So what if they don't use chat? Why does that leave people to stop them from enjoying a game? (were as in I left)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 3:05 am 

While I agree with this message fully, I have a reason for setting Auto-Kick to on, and not letting guests into my servers. I host 1k servers. Yes, occasionally there will be the epic guest who comes in and is able to 1k, but I've had too many guests just come in, stand there, and then out of the blue, Eren up. There are some I've told it's 1k after I see them sitting on the nape, slashing away. I've even had guests be completely mean *In which I disconnect them* or just all around not listen to me when I'm asking them to be kind, or chill if they're raging at someone who didn't say anything to them *In which I send their avatar to the Astral and let them figure it out on their own*, but if they aren't using chat, so what?

I used to be kind to guests, until they started being mean and rude. Now, Auto-kick is on, and if they start being rude or mean, I ask them kindly, 3 times, to leave. After the 3, I either Astral them, or disconnect them. There's not much more I feel I can do if they refuse to listen to kind words, or even listen to me if I try to help them.

Spoiler:
Known Guilds:
  • .:OpTix:.
  • |Fallen Angels|
  • PureBloods
  • Velocity
  • Otaku,
  • Xcution
  • Dawn of Eternity
  • TheUnidentifiedRoses
  • Night Raid

Spoiler:
Highest Scores
  • 4811; Tradby - Blade.
  • 4315; Hydra - AHSS.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 11:33 pm 

(Apologies beforehand, if there's a rule against necro'ing; I dunno for it's not mentioned within the rules' thread.)
Whilst I'm no veteran in this game, 'tis honestly sweet to find compassionate souls amongst the hellscape that is AOTTG's community. Anyway, amongst the aforementioned points (particularly the progenitor of this thread), I do very much agree. However, how so would thee propose communal improvement, besides the aforementioned potentialities? After all, metaphorically speaking, this game could be argued to be alike a post-apocalyptic video game or so - a desolation with its sparsity of inhabitants, occasionally.
Personally, I'd propose the organisation and raising awareness of communal events wherein most souls are welcomed - such as training grounds for newbies/noobs (or anyone, really), casual hangout sessions, et cetera.
(Note: Sorry for my miserable verbiage, I was listening to a beautiful but depressive song whilst reading and typing. Also, apologies again for if I come off as arrogant - 'twas not intentional.)

PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 1:23 am 
Veteran Artist

AliasCarrion wrote:
Anyway, amongst the aforementioned points (particularly the progenitor of this thread), I do very much agree. However, how so would thee propose communal improvement, besides the aforementioned potentialities? After all, metaphorically speaking, this game could be argued to be alike a post-apocalyptic video game or so - a desolation with its sparsity of inhabitants, occasionally.

Well, there isn't a whole lot I had suggested during this post to the most part, to be fairly honest- I simply pointed out the issue at hand, and explained just exactly what was going on, however, I, alone, have no power to actually change this situation.

However, despite it being akin to an apocalyptic purgatory, and despite a fair chunk of player's attitudes not being exactly pleasing, those people ARE still people, and people are supposed to have sense. However, this being the internet, it's not common for any of these players to actually care about the way they come off to other people, nor do they feel any consequence of their actions.

Now, while that IS a problem in and of itself, it leads me to my second point, which is, nothing will be solved if nothing changes; the big problem in and of itself was, though, that not many people actually seemed to REALISE what exactly they were doing to other people. The intention of this post wasn't exactly to solve the problem- it was solely to make this issue more aware to those who actually desire to help the situation, and in turn, get them thinking that what they may be doing, is wrong. Some people simply do not care though, and while I respect that, I also resent it, due to the fact that, this community did not start off as people who 'didn't care'. In fact, the early community was nearly always very kind, very thoughtful, and very close-knit. Seeing the same people turn their back on what they used to think is very sad.

So, ultimately, the question of, "What do you intend to do about it?" is still up in the air, and that's just it; one person alone cannot change things for everyone and everything. One person alone, cannot cause every single person on this game, to actually understand what they're doing. The intention of this post was to do just that; raise awareness to see just what the big issue is. After that, we can only hope they decide that they're tired of seeing people suffer, and they'll want to change the way they reflect on others. Of course, I'm not EXPECTING that sort of reaction; I'm hoping that one day, awareness of this issue will raise just a bit, and get these Guests to stop being labeled as trash when they're the same as we all have been once.

Until then, nothing will change. Everyone is expecting Feng to do something to revive this game, but it's us as a whole who have killed it. Those with a fair amount of sense would see this is a problem, and since there are only very few, it only stands to show what an embarrassing community we've turned into since then.

Until then, hope is all we have.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 8:25 pm 

If you could (or wanted to), would you try?
Whilst neither of us (nor anyone, really) behold power and we all are individuals, at the very least, an attempt would be required. After all, whilst raising awareness is all fine and dandy, one'd also need to attempt some form of progress for any hope of communal improvement as well as to evaluate if it's even worthwhile - personally, I might give a shot soon.
Even though, this is all wishful thinking - a return to this community's former glory - I have somewhat doubt that all is for naught yet.

(Note: If I come off as if I'm trying to initiate argumentation or so, I'm not - I'm just a bit awkward, when it comes to this sorta stuff. Generally, my point is that an attempt is the bare minimum requiem and the small stuff might concur onto something worthwhile; although, there'll always be "twats" per se and so on. Comprehensive?)

PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 11:27 pm 
Veteran Artist

AliasCarrion wrote:
(Note: If I come off as if I'm trying to initiate argumentation or so, I'm not - I'm just a bit awkward, when it comes to this sorta stuff. Generally, my point is that an attempt is the bare minimum requiem and the small stuff might concur onto something worthwhile; although, there'll always be "twats" per se and so on. Comprehensive?)

Oh, I knew from the very beginning that you meant no argumentation in the very least, and I know you were simply giving your own opinion and what you thought should be done, which is exactly why I made this post, so people could understand the problems, and give their opinions. x3 No harm done in the least, and you aren't awkward in the very least.

Unfortunately, my dedication no longer lies in this community, but my feelings are still very much alive towards them; while it might be wishful thinking for the community to return after a huge realisation among most of them, there isn't a whole lot I, personally, can do- the meaning behind that is, it's going to take more than just one person in order for this change to come to fruition. I've put forward as much as I could when the community was only on the verge of turning sour, and it had no effect, only a few people truly appreciated the sentiment, but I saw the very same people holding abuse towards guests and others despite the two hour talk I had with them. It would take a fair amount of players who are absolutely dedicated and 100% on board with reviving the community in order to do so.

Once again, I didn't suspect you of ill intentions in the least. ^^ I understand completely what you meant to convey, and I appreciate it entirely. x3

PostPosted: September 30th, 2016, 12:15 am 

and you guys wonder why aottg is dying? 0 logic paid at all, but once an "op modder" comes around and rekts u guys complain smh!

PostPosted: September 30th, 2016, 5:22 am 

JustinAkagha wrote:
and you guys wonder why aottg is dying? 0 logic paid at all, but once an "op modder" comes around and rekts u guys complain smh!

Did...did you read any of that? This isn't about modders. It's about how people treat guests. It's even in the title of the post. Please, read it all if you would. If you did, read it again. The point wasn't to sound like "Oh, this guy 'rekt' me." It's to show that guests are people too. They should be given better treatment than people yelling at them to kill a titan when they don't know how to play, or kicking them out for simply being a guest. We all started out confused on how to play. The only difference is we had somebody show us how to get RC for a name, or we've been around long enough to have an account and were accepted by others which taught us how to play. You can't expect them to learn if you simply toss them out like trash or insult them for simply being a guest. If you have a problem with nameless guests...talk to them. Teach them about RC. If you have a problem with their limited skill, teach them how to play.

The game may be dying but if you shun the new players there won't be any change.