All times are UTC

Post subject: I'm not sure how to feel about this...
PostPosted: June 27th, 2016, 1:22 pm 
Newbie Artist

So I was wandering around some aottg sites and I found this -
http://aottgsite.blogspot.com/2016/06/r ... aottg.html
It is my skin.
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=10009
Posted without permission. It's funny how this person re uploaded pictures, so that they wouldn't be from imgur.
I found some other skins from this site (like Kaneki and Saitama etc.).

Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how to feel about this...
PostPosted: June 27th, 2016, 3:47 pm 
Veteran Artist

Medals: 1
Well, my first response would be to relax and don't worry about it; there's other sites that some people make in order to.. well, I'm unsure 'archive' is the right word for them; they're technically already archived here.

Judging from the way the skins are collected and what skins are there, (as well as what ones aren't) they seem to have a specific taste of skin, along with the people who post comments as well. Bizarrely enough, there are MOD tutorials available as well, which isn't a common.. thing for a skins site. What I gather from this is that, this site is run by someone who either doesn't care about what people think, or didn't realise that so many people WOULD care about their skins being stolen.

Ultimately, your question is, "Should I be upset?"

My response; YES, and NO. And I'll tell you why;

YES: Because you put hard work into it. You put actual effort into it, and you didn't anticipate people going around and taking your skin, flailing it around and pretending it's theirs. Even worse, you don't EXPECT it to be stolen and then reposted without your permission. In this sense, you have a right to be upset over your skin being stolen, along with the other skins who have, unfortunately, been taken as well.

NO: In the whole light of things, this website has its' own community, and eventually someone will come around and know it's bogus. Personally, I believe you ought not to donate your time worrying about someone running a site made to be less than half of what this site is.

I was once impersonated on DeviantART, by someone using the same name as me. I had been hosting a large, large server at the time, and the thought of someone taking my name and using it as their own took a huge toll on me; not to mention, they publicly humiliated what I stand for by doing so, by swearing constantly; something I avidly stay away from. When I approached them, they played dumb, and pretended not to know what I was talking about, saying it was 'for a friend'. I was absolutely and utterly devastated, because that was my name out there, and people would think that's the way I act. This shook me up QUITE a bit, and I was genuinely scared from it happening, to the point where I considered quitting AOTSKINS entirely.

However, I wish I hadn't gotten so nervous about it as I had- because, it's not something to stress about. Sure, people can take what you do and pretend it's theirs'. Sure, people can play dumb about it and make as many excuses as they can. If you lose your precious time by worrying about what they're doing, and why, then it'll just be a big headache that'll be more trouble than it's worth.

My deepest apologies for the long response, and I'm sure some people might not agree with me, but I sincerely think you shouldn't give any worry to something like this. I think all that counts is that YOU made the skin, YOU know you made the skin, and it was YOUR time that you put into working on it. As long as you know you made it, then that's all that counts.

Now, as my final words to this, I do believe that since you've pointed this out, more people from here will investigate this matter, and while I'm not confident anything can be DONE about this, at the very least, we can discover what purpose it's here for.

My deepest apologies to you for this happening; you're a wonderful skin artist, (among the other artists who unfortunately had their skins stolen as well) and it's a shame to see someone decide it's theirs' for the taking. With all due respect, nothing is more insulting than someone taking your hard work and claiming it as their own. However, as long as you know that it was your work, I think that's what counts. (:

I hope this gets resolved soon, and I hope you don't worry about it too much. x3 Thank you for reading, I hope you have a lovely day! Stay safe, take care, and I hope I helped you ease your mind a bit, if even a little bit. ^^

Entirely retired. I wish you all well.

Post subject: Re: I'm not sure how to feel about this...
PostPosted: June 27th, 2016, 6:56 pm 
Newbie Artist

TheBellFox wrote:
Well, my first response would be to relax and don't worry about it; there's other sites that some people make in order to.. well, I'm unsure 'archive' is the right word for them; they're technically already archived here.
(..)
I hope this gets resolved soon, and I hope you don't worry about it too much. x3 Thank you for reading, I hope you have a lovely day! Stay safe, take care, and I hope I helped you ease your mind a bit, if even a little bit. ^^

Thanks, TheBellFox, for your.. long response. :D I've calmed down and I will try to accept that there are people like this. They could have just credited me and that would be it - no problemo. (Sorry to hear about that DeviantArt incident)

Again, thanks, have a nice day. :)

WilliamWhite wrote:
I've filed a report for the site, and I'm currently waiting for Google to respond. (Blogspot is hosted by Google). Hopefully, they'll be able to rectify the situation, but unfortunately, almost all of the artwork here is not copyright protected, and falls under Public License. I suppose we just need to wait and see how Google will act.

Also, I saw that you had 30 thanks, so I went ahead and ranked you up to Newbie Artist. Congrats~

Thank you, we'll see how this turns out. ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

Lol, thanks for ranking me up. :) Have a good day.