All times are UTC

Post subject: couple ideas for the mod
PostPosted: April 29th, 2015, 7:59 pm 

hey, i've been collecting ideas for a while, so sorry for the upcoming wall of text but i thought it was better to make a single thread

- i think it would be great to have a size command for humans, so we could double or triple human's size to finally have a real ahss vs soldiers feeling without handicaps and stupid stuff

- it would be great to be able as mc to set a timer after wich hooks unplugs on player titans because as a pt the highest threats are newbies nape hooking and never letting go and that's just annoying and doesn't add anything to the game

- it would be great to have a custom size spawnrate, so that we choose min and max size with /mode size but then we also specify for example: min size 2, max 3.4; from size 2 to 3 60% of titans, from size 3 ti size 3.4 40%

- it would also be nice to do something like what we see in ep 5 and then 11
here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGXiXxGr9YE and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CtMuO2qNvU
basically when they land horizontally they mantain theyr momentum for some secs and then jump again. this would add A LOT to manouvering style and effectiveness imo. it may work that if you land vertically you slide like as of now, and if you land horizontally you mantain your momentum (so you can only run straight or it would be weird). i'd love this

- you shold also add an infernal mode, wich once activated removes the delay that titans have in every move (they always stop for a sec or half a sec before making grabs or kung fu) and halving the time the titans needs before eating someone, also maybe the unplug point could apply to this mode too. you could then just choose the number of titans and the spawn rate as usual, that would add some challenge to the game without forcing everybody to do so

- you should totally add a new special, no animation needed, just cooldown of for example 1 minute and duration of for example 30 secs, in wich every titan gets highlighted through walls, because right now there are some really nice big maps, and finding the last one or two is worst than it ever was.. i don't think it would require much work since it's just highlighting for a single player and no animation at all

that's all i can think now, i'm sure i forgot something so i'll edit later if that's so.
sorry again for the wall text XD

my in game skin made by my buddy reiner :3 (manga spoiler)
Spoiler:

Last edited by berthy on April 29th, 2015, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: couple ideas for the mod
PostPosted: April 29th, 2015, 9:39 pm 

Holy cow these would be GREAT!!! ~SilveoPanther

PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 5:37 pm 
Senior Artist

GREAT OWWO

Want to use any parts from my stuff? Inform me by messaging,or commenting to the topic :D

PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 1:00 am 
Senior Artist

berthy wrote:
- you should totally add a new special, no animation needed, just cooldown of for example 1 minute and duration of for example 30 secs, in wich every titan gets highlighted through walls, because right now there are some really nice big maps, and finding the last one or two is worst than it ever was.. i don't think it would require much work since it's just highlighting for a single player and no animation at all

In my opinion, this one is a bit abusive. Part of the fun of this is finding the titans yourself.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 5:23 am 

Medals: 2
eos70 wrote:
berthy wrote:

In my opinion, this one is a bit abusive. Part of the fun of this is finding the titans yourself.

►Meh but when you're strapped for time & have been searching 5evr it'd come in handy
If you'd rather find them without it you don't have to use it

PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 9:58 am 

thank you for the attention guys ^^
yep, i thought it would be helpful when you don't have much time, it can get really annoying to find the last one, and some really huge maps can become available this way :)
also, about the PTs, i too find the bodyslam is annoying, but i've put the unplug as a mc option because even if you play fair and don't spam bellyflop, you still get treated like an ai dumb titan, hooked forever by 5 people with no challenge at all, really, you have to be more afraid of a newbie than an experienced player...
player titans are completely nerfed, i'd rather like them having normal radius bellyflop with this option on, than playing like this, they can be lots of fun in a closed server with good firends, but right now they're just ridicolously weak to be a challenge to my friends (not a rant, i still can manage to fight somehow, but this would make things easier in a server where the mc is ok with this idea, and i'm sure that there would still be tons of servers with this option disabled). also i'd love a city without pts like in the good old days, so this would remove the problem for newbies (pts aren't supposed to be fighted by inexperienced players anyway).
i've seen that death-sentence-grab in action lots of times :S it's bad, that means that the pt have mad ping, the only way to fix this that i can think about are to play with people you know and trust, or to put an autokick for pts with ping above 180 or similar.
thinking again, the pt change is the one i care less about between my suggestions XD i'd like it implemented but i care more about the others

Spoiler:

PostPosted: May 25th, 2015, 10:44 pm 

Quote:
- i think it would be great to have a size command for humans, so we could double or triple human's size to finally have a real ahss vs soldiers feeling without handicaps and stupid stuff

I personally believe this implement is both impossible and abusive. If a player were AHSS, they would obviously have a much greater advantage than they already have, as the players playing with blades still have to be the same distance to kill an AHSS player. It's pretty much impossible as of now as it would cause issues with other player's clients without RC mod.

Quote:
- it would also be nice to do something like what we see in ep 5 and then 11
here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGXiXxGr9YE and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CtMuO2qNvU
basically when they land horizontally they mantain theyr momentum for some secs and then jump again. this would add A LOT to manouvering style and effectiveness imo. it may work that if you land vertically you slide like as of now, and if you land horizontally you mantain your momentum (so you can only run straight or it would be weird). i'd love this

As for this, it would be cool but wouldn't apply to the logistics of the game. You could probably do this if you were going quite slow, but as impossibly fast as a player usually goes, as soon as you hit the ground you should have tripped and died instantly. I personally think this is Feng's way of balancing the physics of the game, as there is no fall damage or anything like that.

Quote:
- you shold also add an infernal mode, wich once activated removes the delay that titans have in every move (they always stop for a sec or half a sec before making grabs or kung fu) and halving the time the titans needs before eating someone, also maybe the unplug point could apply to this mode too. you could then just choose the number of titans and the spawn rate as usual, that would add some challenge to the game without forcing everybody to do so

There is something called hard and abnormal mode which at the very least doubles the reaction time. It might be cool to have certain titans squish players to death immediately when grabbed (punks used to do this), but having no time in between a titan's attacks may be abusive. These are good ideas for a boss, but I personally feel that these implements are not needed in the mod. Not only that, but I very highly doubt RiceCake can completely change the code of the game altogether, as it would cause compatibility issues with other player's clients.

Quote:
you should totally add a new special, no animation needed, just cooldown of for example 1 minute and duration of for example 30 secs, in wich every titan gets highlighted through walls, because right now there are some really nice big maps, and finding the last one or two is worst than it ever was.. i don't think it would require much work since it's just highlighting for a single player and no animation at all

This is a feature of Death's Mod, one of the most notorious of mods, known for its abuse. Though it's not a special and can be used at any time in Death's Mod, it is the same abusive concept. If titans could be easily found through walls, it would take away the feel that you are within the actual universe of Attack on Titan. I understand that some players prefer to play this game for different reasons, but from what I understand is that most players like to immerse themselves within the AoT universe.

Quote:
also, about the PTs, i too find the bodyslam is annoying, but i've put the unplug as a mc option because even if you play fair and don't spam bellyflop, you still get treated like an ai dumb titan, hooked forever by 5 people with no challenge at all, really, you have to be more afraid of a newbie than an experienced player...
player titans are completely nerfed, i'd rather like them having normal radius bellyflop with this option on, than playing like this, they can be lots of fun in a closed server with good firends, but right now they're just ridicolously weak to be a challenge to my friends (not a rant, i still can manage to fight somehow, but this would make things easier in a server where the mc is ok with this idea, and i'm sure that there would still be tons of servers with this option disabled). also i'd love a city without pts like in the good old days, so this would remove the problem for newbies (pts aren't supposed to be fighted by inexperienced players anyway).
i've seen that death-sentence-grab in action lots of times :S it's bad, that means that the pt have mad ping, the only way to fix this that i can think about are to play with people you know and trust, or to put an autokick for pts with ping above 180 or similar.

Feng tweaked the hitboxes of PTs for a reason. Obviously, the ping is a major issue, so Feng tweaked the hitboxes to be larger than normal. Instead, he found a much simpler solution, and that is the PTs stamina. This is not a full solution to the problem, but there is no real way to solve other player's internet issues, so this is the closest I feel we can get to a real solution.

Sorry to shoot down just about every suggestion you made, but I feel that most of these would be abusive without completely changing the nature of the game. If you still feel passionate about these suggestions, please post them in Feng's forum (I know that may sound harsh as Feng is usually a pretty busy guy, but that is the only place I feel these suggestions belong. Other than these few, I completely agree with your suggestion to create a more complex size changing command, and hopefully we can ourselves implement this with the new custom logistics implemented in the most recent RC mod update (though I have near no idea how one might go about doing so). Also, sorry for the essay, just got out of school so I guess this is my way of compensating for it XD

PostPosted: May 26th, 2015, 4:19 pm 

Quote:
I personally believe this implement is both impossible and abusive. If a player were AHSS, they would obviously have a much greater advantage than they already have, as the players playing with blades still have to be the same distance to kill an AHSS player. It's pretty much impossible as of now as it would cause issues with other player's clients without RC mod.

since the hitbox wouldn't be multiplied, i find this the only real way to give blade users a way to fight mid air, the object to hit would be bigger, that has been the main complaint since day 0, it could work with a rc users only server

Quote:

As for this, it would be cool but wouldn't apply to the logistics of the game. You could probably do this if you were going quite slow, but as impossibly fast as a player usually goes, as soon as you hit the ground you should have tripped and died instantly. I personally think this is Feng's way of balancing the physics of the game, as there is no fall damage or anything like that.[/quote]

even though everyone moves ftl, that doesn't mean it's fine, you'll find out that you actuabbly be acrobatic at lesser speed. also, reached 1.4k or something similar, the ai can't adapt to the speed and there's no challenge at all in that, i don't like at all that kind of gameplay. this said, just because people likes to go ftl, that doesn't mean that having a run that mantain momentum if landed correctly would not work, they would just not use it since, and the run would last for a few seconds, since you're not accellerating but mantaining momentu (this implies loosing speed by changing direction, so only straight run)

Quote:
There is something called hard and abnormal mode which at the very least doubles the reaction time. It might be cool to have certain titans squish players to death immediately when grabbed (punks used to do this), but having no time in between a titan's attacks may be abusive. These are good ideas for a boss, but I personally feel that these implements are not needed in the mod. Not only that, but I very highly doubt RiceCake can completely change the code of the game altogether, as it would cause compatibility issues with other player's clients.

there is something called being bored by titan's reflexes on hard mode, and abnormal being just an unfun giant mosh pit.
having no time between attacks would be like the old "mode pt" in rc mod, wich was optional and worked even for players without the mod, once the mc setted it. so no compatibility issue. i'm not good at programming, but seems like you understand it as much as i do. again, something like that was already in the mod and worked fine, as for probably he is the inspiration for the actual zig zag movements of all titans.

Quote:
This is a feature of Death's Mod, one of the most notorious of mods, known for its abuse. Though it's not a special and can be used at any time in Death's Mod, it is the same abusive concept. If titans could be easily found through walls, it would take away the feel that you are within the actual universe of Attack on Titan. I understand that some players prefer to play this game for different reasons, but from what I understand is that most players like to immerse themselves within the AoT universe.

that is a feature of an abusive mod is not a point, the feature would be useful, and it wouldn't be impossible for the mc to turn it on/off for the whole server. as i said, maps really big are popping up, and in there finding the last titan is a pain, no way fun and just a waste of time, it's attack on titan, not hide and seek, so no canon feel from the seek to me.

Quote:
Feng tweaked the hitboxes of PTs for a reason. Obviously, the ping is a major issue, so Feng tweaked the hitboxes to be larger than normal. Instead, he found a much simpler solution, and that is the PTs stamina. This is not a full solution to the problem, but there is no real way to solve other player's internet issues, so this is the closest I feel we can get to a real solution.

Sorry to shoot down just about every suggestion you made, but I feel that most of these would be abusive without completely changing the nature of the game. If you still feel passionate about these suggestions, please post them in Feng's forum (I know that may sound harsh as Feng is usually a pretty busy guy, but that is the only place I feel these suggestions belong. Other than these few, I completely agree with your suggestion to create a more complex size changing command, and hopefully we can ourselves implement this with the new custom logistics implemented in the most recent RC mod update (though I have near no idea how one might go about doing so). Also, sorry for the essay, just got out of school so I guess this is my way of compensating for it XD

there is no way that posting on feng's forum could lead somehow to a change, you know that, not a single time since day 0 we had a suggstion taken into the game.
nothing here is abusive, it just tweaks the game for people that are starting to be bored of seeing who can kills most titans in the less time, it's about adjusting broken stuff without breaking even more. titan's stamina is no way a fix, since it just prevents pt's from spam bellyflops, but as a pt you're even more at risk against people spamming napehook. pts need a tweak, and larger hitboxes is no way fair. server option for hooks unplugging would maybe fix that, since as a pt you're already dead 9/10 vs a good player.
sorry if i sound rude, i'm just defending my point of view and i don't mean to be rude.
but then again i thought a lot about each one of this suggestions and non of them looks abusive to me, as for the others who commented before, nobody said abusive.
also changing the nature of the game is good, it's needed and it's what we're all waiting for. change is good, random change is bad.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 2:26 am 

I love the idea about the human sizes but we would also have to measure the hook length for it otherwise you can't hook much as a giant xD

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 3:08 pm 

indeed, luckily gun vs blades maps aren't too big anyway

Spoiler: