All times are UTC

Post subject: Artwork Contests
PostPosted: November 18th, 2014, 3:34 am 

Err, hi, I'm not really sure if this is a thing yet, I assumed it wasn't since I didn't see any past events on the contest part of the board, but I was wondering if there could be artwork contests...a lot of people here are more creative in that aspect than creating skins. My idea was that there could be an overall theme per contest, and each contest would have a span of about two weeks (not sure if this would be too much for the moderators on here to manage, not saying you couldn't, but there would be a lot of entries!). I also think that there should be two divisions of the contest, art made digitally and art made with the good ol' pencil and paper. It would be judged by majority vote, with each contestant's picture anonymous to avoid any biased votes, and it also forbidden that anyone share which is theirs. In the judging, there would be awards for different sections, such as "Most Voted" and "Most Creative", etc. Comment if you agree/disagree, and your thoughts on this below. I think there are many who would like to enter doodles created midclass or at work.

Post subject: Re: Artwork Contests
PostPosted: November 18th, 2014, 4:45 am 

Medals: 2
►I like the art contest idea but I can't agree with the anonymity part, that would make it a bit complicated. Besides, so far the public has proven to vote based on the entry and not the artist. As for the different titles I'd have to say that can't happen unless it were several contests occurring, simply because you check one or two entries you like and then at the end it comes out 1st, 2nd, & 3rd, putting labels on them like "creative" and "most voted" would be another ordeal altogether.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2014, 11:12 am 

Ah, very true. Probably no category awards then would be best...and I don't see how anonymous creators of the picture would be complicated, other than the fact that if mods didn't upload the picture to their own imgur, then people could figure out the artist by imgur username, but then again, you would know better than me about that, you've been here longer. :P

PostPosted: November 18th, 2014, 1:29 pm 

Medals: 2
►No I just mean it would be complicated for the artist to not sign or put any of ones self in the image that would be traceable back to said person. Take me for example, I would totes draw a pumpkin, then someone else would say "bet Halloween drew the pumpkin" :lol:

PostPosted: November 18th, 2014, 9:56 pm 

Ohhh I see xD very true. Anonymous artwork might not be such a good idea then :P very good point.